• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Federal Bank cancelled my Imperio Card

aromalanil

TF Buzz
As a long-term customer of Federal Bank (approximately 10 years), I was extremely excited when they announced their cards as LTF (Lifetime Free). I applied for that card and was approved for an Imperio Card. I started spending on it, as there was a special offer of receiving an Amazon Gift Voucher worth ₹400 if I spent ₹5000 within the first month.

After spending ₹5000, I also used the card for some Swiggy orders. Everything seemed fine until one day when I received a message from the bank stating that my card had been blocked. I immediately contacted customer care, and they informed me that my details were not updated and asked me to wait for 24 hours. I followed their instructions but when I called after 24 hours, they instructed me to visit the nearest branch. Unfortunately, the branch personnel had no idea about the issue.

Frustrated, I contacted customer care again after 3 days. They informed me that the card had been approved for me, despite me being ineligible due to a technical glitch. This explanation made no sense to me since I have a CIBIL score of 770, a good repayment history, and a salary that meets the eligibility requirements. They mentioned that the card had been put on hold for review.

Today, when I contacted them again, they informed me that the card had been cancelled.They have also stated that they will not credit the points and voucher as promised. This has been a truly disappointing experience with the bank, and it makes me question their reliability.

Is there anything I can do in this situation?

Tejo

TF Legend
As a long-term customer of Federal Bank (approximately 10 years), I was extremely excited when they announced their cards as LTF (Lifetime Free). I applied for that card and was approved for an Imperio Card. I started spending on it, as there was a special offer of receiving an Amazon Gift Voucher worth ₹400 if I spent ₹5000 within the first month.

After spending ₹5000, I also used the card for some Swiggy orders. Everything seemed fine until one day when I received a message from the bank stating that my card had been blocked. I immediately contacted customer care, and they informed me that my details were not updated and asked me to wait for 24 hours. I followed their instructions but when I called after 24 hours, they instructed me to visit the nearest branch. Unfortunately, the branch personnel had no idea about the issue.

Frustrated, I contacted customer care again after 3 days. They informed me that the card had been approved for me, despite me being ineligible due to a technical glitch. This explanation made no sense to me since I have a CIBIL score of 770, a good repayment history, and a salary that meets the eligibility requirements. They mentioned that the card had been put on hold for review.

Today, when I contacted them again, they informed me that the card had been cancelled.They have also stated that they will not credit the points and voucher as promised. This has been a truly disappointing experience with the bank, and it makes me question their reliability.

Did you got cibil hit?

Ask them to remove*

What's the reason for cancellation?

Tejo

TF Legend

Close bank ac if you have or convert it to bsbd

Last edited:

Ask them to close savings account also. Contact nodal officer or higher authority. If matter remains unresolved file complaint on RBI ombudsman portal.
Kotak did the same thing with me, after threatening to close the savings account next day they activated the card. Even though it was 811 account with 0 balance in it.

KingAAR

TF Ace

if you spent 5000, ask for the voucher at least else complain to ombudsman

aromalanil

TF Buzz
I have spend above 5000 using the card. The credit limit is marginally low(20% of my salary) than all my other cards.I have send a mail to the Nodal Officer.

Thanks for the reply.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

Write to federal Nodal officer and also complaint to RBI ombudsman mentioning the whole incident.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I guess federal bank (of india) is thinking they are the real FBI... 🤔

Keep all communications and approval emails at one place...arrange in a story...fire it till RBI ombudsman...keep fighting till you win

P B R G

TF Ace
Complain to Federal Bank Nodal officer/ PNO and ask for compensation for the trouble and mental harassment you faced. Threaten them that you will complain to RBI Ombudsman and will terminate all the banking relationship with them.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
I've had a similar experience with Federal Bank.
They've suddenly cancelled my Imperio credit card, after I have been using the card for a month. No notice, no nothing. Long-term customer of the bank, banking with them for more than 10 years. In my case, the card was approved, virtual cardd available within a minute, card delivered after 2 weeks. 2 weeks afterwards, suddenly, they just cancelled the card, and the only info I got was through SMS. When I contacted the CC, I was just toldd that the card was issued despite I being ineligible as there was some technical issue. The executive was not willing to give any more info.
I have contacted my branch and told them that if this nonsense is not fixed, I'll be done with the bank. The Branch has promised to take it up, though they say the credit card department doesn't have much to do with the branch.
If they aren't fixing it, will write to the PNO and if needed, take it up with the RBI Ombudsman. Really annoyed, not planning to let go.
Anything else I can do?

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
I have spend above 5000 using the card. The credit limit is marginally low(20% of my salary) than all my other cards.I have send a mail to the Nodal Officer.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you heard anything from the Nodal Office? I haven't heard anything yet. The branch informed me that they are taking it up with the credit card department. But no concrete solution yet.

sauchadh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Have you heard anything from the Nodal Office? I haven't heard anything yet. The branch informed me that they are taking it up with the credit card department. But no concrete solution yet.
I would suggest to send a reminder to Nodal officer. Sometimes they take a week to respond back. It happened with me.

Strange

TF Legend

Federal Bank is following Kotak's path.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Just received a response from the nodal office. Saying the same nonsense. That I wasn't originally not eligible, that the card was issued because of a technical error, so they had to take the difficult decision of cancelling the card, and so the card can't be reinstated.
So what should be the next step?

romilq

TF Ace
Just received a response from the nodal office. Saying the same nonsense. That I wasn't originally not eligible, that the card was issued because of a technical error, so they had to take the difficult decision of cancelling the card, and so the card can't be reinstated.
So what should be the next step?
Escalate to PNO, then MD/CEO and finally RBI. I don't know how successful that will be though. As banks reserve the right to issue or deny cards.