• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Finance charges on my card

Utkarsh

TF Buzz
I have made payment of my ICICI credit card but some small amount was not paid by mistake and still I've been charged with 10k interest on my card, i.e. on complete due amount , is there any way to get the refund of these charges?

romilq

TF Ace
You can request ICICI by mail and keep escalating. If you have a long good history and relationship with the bank then they may consider it. Usually they don't do it since the charges are legit.

dhiraz

TF Ace
I have made payment of my ICICI credit card but some small amount was not paid by mistake and still I've been charged with 10k interest on my card, i.e. on complete due amount , is there any way to get the refund of these charges?
10k charges as interest how much amount you forget to pay?
When your statement generated?

SamPtnk

TF Ace

9 b V check this

Penal interest, late payment charges and other related charges shall be levied only on the outstanding amount after the due date and not on the total amount.

rajcasio

TF Premier
Same here. By mistake, a small amount wasn’t paid. And still I have been charged 15k as Interest + GST on complete due amount. Is there a way to get it reversed ?
SMALL AMOUNT??? HOW MUCH? :p

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
Same here. By mistake, a small amount wasn’t paid. And still I have been charged 15k as Interest + GST on complete due amount. Is there a way to get it reversed ?
escalate this to nodal desk saying there is a violation of rbi guidelines or best go to rbi ombudsman

ICICI has finally reversed the 15k charge (at Complaint Level 2).

Had raised three points.

1. Referred the RBI guideline.
2. Mistake in interest Calculation sheet (for one of the transaction, bank calculated interest of 9k against Rs740).
3. Was out of town for medical reason.

Not sure which reason they considered. But it is reversed now.

Last edited: