• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fine HDFC for delay in altering billing cycle

kunal05

TF Buzz
I want to know if there's any fine to credit card issuer by RBI if the issuer bank doesn't change my billing cycle?

I have mailed HDFC more than 7 times and the first email was more than a month ago.. Everytime the customer care executive replies they are looking into it and then they disappear.

Now I am planning to file complaint. Is there any fine or I am wasting my time by complaining?

P.S - This is for HDFC Diners Black credit card.

If you really want to change the billing cycle, Why don't you give them a call?
They will change the billing cycle over call only. It would hardly take your 5 mins.
I have called them, sir. They said they are unable to change my billing cycle due to some techincal problems.

Also, I have multiple HDFC credit cards and I told them - I am fine with all cards having same date.

I have called them, sir. They said they are unable to change my billing cycle due to some techincal problems.

Also, I have multiple HDFC credit cards and I told them - I am fine with all cards having same date.
If that is the case, you absolutely have the right to file a complaint with RBIO.
I hope you haven't already used up your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to alter the billing cycle.
To the best of my knowledge, RBIO's policy ensures that every customer should receive at least one opportunity to adjust their billing cycle.

Back