• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help in understanding Credit Card statement, Billing Date and Billing Cycle

Riya Sharma

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Over the last two years I have gotten to know pretty much everything there is regarding Credit Cards except I have yet to fully understand how a Billing Cycle works. For an example I will be using the two credit cards from Axis that I own. I was planning to call this week to get their statement dates aligned to the same day for my payment convenience.

Axis Atlas - Statement Generation date is 18th May, and Bill due date is 7th June
Axis Privilege - Statement Generation date is 10th May, and Bill due date is 30th May

How many days of Interest Free period am I getting on these cards? Which date would be preferable to set as the due date for both of these cards? Is it possible to even change this with Axis? And is the amount of interest free period the same? Or can it be extended by choosing different dates which extent this period?

Solution
Over the last two years I have gotten to know pretty much everything there is regarding Credit Cards except I have yet to fully understand how a Billing Cycle works. For an example I will be using the two credit cards from Axis that I own. I was planning to call this week to get their statement dates aligned to the same day for my payment convenience.

Axis Atlas - Statement Generation date is 18th May, and Bill due date is 7th June
Axis Privilege - Statement Generation date is 10th May, and Bill due date is 30th May

How many days of Interest Free period am I getting on these cards?
@OverdosingOnCopium 50 days in total, if I am correct.
Which date would be preferable to set as the due date for both of these cards...
Axis is always weird. Once upon a time, I had two cards with the billing cycle on 18th and 25th. I asked the customer care to change from 25th to 18th. They refused and ended up changing the other card from 18th to 25th.
So haven't you taken any action against this?

If your request was rejected to change from 25th to 18th, bank can't change in its own discretion for not requested date, 18th to 25th.

Seems 🪓 on weed. 😂

Ok lil misunderstanding!

So what was the reason given by the customer care, refused, to make 25th to 18th as billing date?
might be Internal policies
Zip It Episode 2 GIF by America's Got Talent

Back