• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Fixed now] Amazon not offering 10% discount on Rupay credit cards

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
Hello I was just comparing AC prices on Amazon and Flipkart. Amazon has a offer on HDFC cards rn. So I clicked order to just check the effective price on my HDFC card.

And I realised that the discount is only being offered on my old regalia card. I had also saved my freedom rupay credit card on Amazon, but it didn't give any discount on that card. It kinda makes me sus. I had recently converted my regalia from visa to rupay. So the old regalia is effectively closed and I no longer have any visa credit card from HDFC.

(I haven't received my rupay regalia card yet, so I couldn't put the card number and check)

So my question is, why couldn't I see the discount on the freedom rupay credit card?
Is it because it was a rupay credit card?
Or is it because the credit limit on that card (20000) was lesser that the price of the product being checked out(~40k)?

Have I made a mistake by not having a single HDFC credit card on the MasterCard or Visa franchise?

Hello I was just comparing AC prices on Amazon and Flipkart. Amazon has a offer on HDFC cards rn. So I clicked order to just check the effective price on my HDFC card.

And I realised that the discount is only being offered on my old regalia card. I had also saved my freedom rupay credit card on Amazon, but it didn't give any discount on that card. It kinda makes me sus. I had recently converted my regalia from visa to rupay. So the old regalia is effectively closed and I no longer have any visa credit card from HDFC.

(I haven't received my rupay regalia card yet, so I couldn't put the card number and check)

So my question is, why couldn't I see the discount on the freedom rupay credit card?
Is it because it was a rupay credit card?
Or is it because the credit limit on that card (20000) was lesser that the price of the product being checked out(~40k)?

Have I made a mistake by not having a single HDFC credit card on the MasterCard or Visa franchise?
Regarding the credit limit doubt you posted, you can easily confirm this on your own itself, try putting any item of price less than 20k and having hdfc bank offer, see if you are able to get the discount offer you want.

Reactions: SSV
Regarding the credit limit doubt you posted, you can easily confirm this on your own itself, try putting any item of price less than 20k and having hdfc bank offer, see if you are able to get the discount offer you want.
Hmm you idea worked. I checked some products worth <20k, and Amazon offered the discount on my freedom card. But what I noticed is that, the discount is only on full payment option (which I always use). There isn't even a option to pay in EMI. The EMI option offers much higher discount on the other card (Visa Regalia)...

Hmm you idea worked. I checked some products worth <20k, and Amazon offered the discount on my freedom card. But what I noticed is that, the discount is only on full payment option (which I always use). There isn't even a option to pay in EMI. The EMI option offers much higher discount on the other card (Visa Regalia)...
Yup just now I checked there is no EMI Option in HDFC Rupay card for some reason

HDFC bank RuPay Freedom and RuPay Regalia credit card supported on all HDFC bank Amazon and Flipkart discount offers.

Note - Amazon is not supported currently RuPay credit card for EMI transaction that's why EMI discount offer is not showing. You can use for normal transaction (non-EMI) discount offers

But Flipkart support RuPay EMI transaction and EMI discount offers also working.

@federer.reddevil
@cardwizard

HDFC bank RuPay Freedom and RuPay Regalia credit card supported on all HDFC bank Amazon and Flipkart discount offers.

Note - Amazon is not supported currently RuPay credit card for EMI transaction that's why EMI discount offer is not showing. You can use for normal transaction (non-EMI) discount offers

But Flipkart support RuPay EMI transaction and EMI discount offers also working.

@federer.reddevil
@cardwizard
Is it only Amazon or most other merchants don't support Rupay emi transactions?

Back