• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fraud Call/Fake Call to provide Credit Card

Amit_

TF Select
Today i got call from two different mob. numbers. Both times a lady was talking.

In first call a lady told my full name and city correctly and said that she is from HDFC Bank Indore and asked me if i need a credit card or personal loan. I said i need a credit card. Then she said they will give me 1.5 Lakh to 2 Lakh Limit and LTF Card. Then she asked me if i have any relation with HDFC bank or not. Then it seemed suspicious to me. I asked her where did she get my details but she didn't tell. She said "Apko credit card se matlab". I disconnected the call.

Same happened again. Another lady was from SBI Bank Indore. Again i disconnected the call.

When i checked both numbers in Truecaller, it was showing as spam and Both Mob. no. were of Maharashtra State. not MP.

I wonder that, from where they get our personal details. Do Banks or Apps like Cred, Mobikwik etc leak our personal details?

Today i got call from two different mob. numbers. Both times a lady was talking.

In first call a lady told my full name and city correctly and said that she is from HDFC Bank Indore and asked me if i need a credit card or personal loan. I said i need a credit card. Then she said they will give me 1.5 Lakh to 2 Lakh Limit and LTF Card. Then she asked me if i have any relation with HDFC bank or not. Then it seemed suspicious to me. I asked her where did she get my details but she didn't tell. She said "Apko credit card se matlab". I disconnected the call.

Same happened again. Another lady was from SBI Bank Indore. Again i disconnected the call.

When i checked both numbers in Truecaller, it was showing as spam and Both Mob. no. were of Maharashtra State. not MP.

I wonder that, from where they get our personal details. Do Banks or Apps like Cred, Mobikwik etc leak our personal details?
i used to get 5 6 calls daily for flipkart axis card limit enhancement.
they knew my name and card last 4 digits also.
upon questioning them further, they straightaway starres talking rudely.
just block their numbers.
either they get this through apps, or when you swipe your card at big grocery/shopping store chains, they first ask you your name, mobile number, etc. just don't give them any details

even banks might be giving away this info to 3 party agents. because when you submit credit card application, you have to tickna box that says "i agree to be contacted by bank and affiliated sales persons....."

these calls stopped after some time. but no permanent solution found.

Last edited:

Never ever apply through these people. When you ask their branch, they'll simply go blank. These are 3rd party agents.

Back