• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fraud Transaction.. Need Help

SunnyHarsha

TF Select
My relative got a call today from unknown person asking for debit card details. He threatened that her Debit card will be blocked if she didn't tell the details. As she is an old woman with no financial knowledge told her debit card details and OTP also two times. After the call she got amount debited messages.
Rs.9999.00 spent on POS/Ecom using IB Debit card on 30/06/22 10:09 at OneMobiKwikSystemPLtd Gurgaon from Ac:XXXXXXXX. Bal:19191.00 CR -IndianBank

Rs.9986.00 spent on POS/Ecom using IB Debit card on 30/06/22 10:04 at OneMobiKwikSystemPLtd Gurgaon from Ac:XXXXXXXX. Bal:29190.00 CR -IndianBank
Complained in bank but no use. Complained in PS also but not getting any satisfactory reply. What should i do now. Is there any way to get her money back. How to know the details of that person.. Help plzz

My relative got a call today from unknown person asking for debit card details. He threatened that her Debit card will be blocked if she didn't tell the details. As she is an old woman with no financial knowledge told her debit card details and OTP also two times. After the call she got amount debited messages.
Rs.9999.00 spent on POS/Ecom using IB Debit card on 30/06/22 10:09 at OneMobiKwikSystemPLtd Gurgaon from Ac:XXXXXXXX. Bal:19191.00 CR -IndianBank

Rs.9986.00 spent on POS/Ecom using IB Debit card on 30/06/22 10:04 at OneMobiKwikSystemPLtd Gurgaon from Ac:XXXXXXXX. Bal:29190.00 CR -IndianBank
Complained in bank but no use. Complained in PS also but not getting any satisfactory reply. What should i do now. Is there any way to get her money back. How to know the details of that person.. Help plzz
Dial helpline number 1930 (Earlier 155260) (24*7) or report the incident on National Cybercrime Reporting Portal (www.cybercrime.gov.in).

Source: cybercrime.gov.in

Screenshot_2022_0630_142112.jpg

If the account was of a old person and they don't use such services then I would suggest to just block the debit Cards of such person it will eliminate the cause of such frauds.

File FIR against the unknown person and also file a complaint to cyber cell. Send a copy of the complaint to Mobikwik and ask them to share whatever details they have. They will easily share IP addresses, account numbers etc. Now use this information along with help of Police personnel to nab him.

Also, remember that as consent is provided for the transaction (i.e otp was shared), the bank or any other authority is not liable for any compensation. It's your fault and there is no option other than to bear the loss.

It's just that if the police find him and give him a good belt treatment, then your money can be recovered.

Back