• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Frequent FD opening and closures

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a friend who is working in a bank and he frequently asks me to put some FDs (with his employee code) and close it in 2-3 days for him to achieve his targets.

The amount is usually like 10k per FD 2-3 times a month. So month on month I am opening FDs worth 30k in different tranches and closing it in 2-3 days of opening.

Now I am concerned as I am not sure on how bank and IT department will look at these transactions in a longer run..

Can any banking experts let me know on the "threshold" after which the banks monitor / take action ?? Or are these transactions fine as I just book and close FDs from my savings account. - need some clarity.

Last edited:
Solution
I have a friend who is working in a bank and he frequently asks me to put some FDs (with his employee code) and close it in 2-3 days for him to achieve his targets.

The amount is usually like 10k per FD 2-3 times a month. So month on month I am opening FDs worth 30k in different tranches and closing it in 2-3 days of opening.

Now I am concerned as I am not sure on how bank and IT department will look at these transactions in a longer run..

Can any banking experts let me know on the "threshold" after which the banks monitor / take action ?? Or are these transactions fine as I just book and close FDs from my savings account. - need some clarity.

I did 4.5 lakh fd yesterday via rm 🥸 .will close in 7 days .
Chill
Intrest...

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
You can do that sacred moksha thing while performing the above duties as well , if you skilled enough …. ;)
Placebo effect is the most important thing in this profession. I have that in abundance but it will become lesser after i see death on my bed

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

telescope

TF Ace
In my hospital & college we don't have good one sadly .
Will update you if i go Europe or usa 😂

'
'
'

prash1161

TF Ace

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Total amount of FDs made in a Bank ( including all branches) in the name of one PAN account holder if exceeds ₹10L in a FY will be reported in AIS statement under SFT head

1709304332976.png
Thanks for sharing this info. So there is no instances where bank freezes / penalize individuals for "playing" with the Deposits. The transaction just gets reflected in AIS, that's it right? 😇

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thanks for sharing this info. So there is no instances where bank freezes / penalize individuals for "playing" with the Deposits. The transaction just gets reflected in AIS, that's it right? 😇
Yes, but it will be reported only if total deposits cross 10L.
Advice: don't do exactly same amount and for same period,.. just mix the things up

Last edited: