• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

From where are you guys buying digital gold?

LordPSN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi
I am looking to diversify my portfolio. Currently dealing with MF and FDs.
Now thinking to buy digital gold?
Any idea where/which app should I go for?
Thanks in advance!

Don't buy Digital Gold.
Instead if you want to invest in Gold, go for RBI's Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs). There are tax-free investments if redeemed via RBI after maturity and are available in demat form as well.
There are multiple issues in a year, recent one just closed on September 15.
Next one will be in 2024 june

i personally have invested in gullak gold +
you get 4-5% in the form of gold because that gold is leased to top jewellers and you get the benefit of price appreciation
For some reason I don't prefer anything other than SGB for digital gold.
Algo in gullak what about tax when you sell and have capital gain?
Just for 2% extra, rather I would prefer SGB backed by RBI.

Don't buy Digital Gold.
Instead if you want to invest in Gold, go for RBI's Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs). There are tax-free investments if redeemed via RBI after maturity and are available in demat form as well.
can you please guide on how to buy/sell/redeem sgb?

can you please guide on how to buy/sell/redeem sgb?
You have to applied via coin website by zerodha. But funds need to be added in kite app itself. Once bought it is available in dmat account in kite app.
It gets automatically sold after 8 years and no tax on capital gain. There is a way to sell after 5 years as well.
You get 2.5% interest every year.

the main reason i invested in this is my portfolio is overweight on peer to peer ledning already
i have maxxed out all my family members limit
so needed to diversify from fixed income and equity
gullak doesnt have any lock in and 4-5% on asset leasing model is good apart from the capital appreaciation of gold

Don't buy Digital Gold.
Agree. Also gives 2.5%interest pa.
Or go for gold etf if looking for short term investment.

While buying ask the bank to put your demat account no in their system, the bonds will be shown in your trading account after 10 days. you can buy or sell like ordinary shares/bonds anytime. If you want to sell to government than you can do the same on completion of 5 years and every 6 months thereon till 8th years. on 8th year it will be automatically redeemed and money will be credited to your account.

Back