• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fuel credit card suggestions for BPCL or general

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
Please suggest credit cards which will give decent value back at BPCL petrol pumps or any petrol pump in general.

ik SBI BPCL card is pretty good, but I don’t want to go to the petrol pump to redeem the reward points.

Also, I think the nearest petrol pump doesn’t even have the facility to redeem reward points.

So, I wanted some card which I can use and redeem reward points online for gift vouchers or direct cash. (Preferably without any redemption fee)

again, I wanted some suggestion for BPCL card, because I couldn't find many.

For BPCL , only option is ABI BPCL and SBI BPCL Octane.
Why too much worried about redeeming points? Even if you use it to max and you will get 7200 rupees worth of fuel through reward points, which can be redeemed in just 2 visits to pumps. So if you have pump which has redeem option within 50-100 kms, it is enough as we can redeem 1 year worth of points in just 2 visits

never used amex for fuel, any idea about fuel MDR? coz Diners card take 3.5% MDR from fuel pumps.

0% for HPCL transaction less than INR 5,000,1% fee per transaction is applicable for all HPCL transactions on and above INR 5,000,

1% of the transaction value subject to a minimum of INR 10 + applicable taxes, will be charged as convenience fee at fuel stations operated by the Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies BPCL and IOCL,

2.5% of the transaction value subject to a minimum of INR 10 + applicable taxes, will be charged as convenience fee at fuel stations of all other Oil Marketing Companies (except HPCL, BPCL and IOCL).

Hello members, looking for a recommendation. I have HDFC infinia & SBI Air India signature credit cards. I applied for SBI BPCL Octane CC, but was denied, both online, and by asking the call centre. I guess the reason could be that I already hold 2 cards from SBI - I also hold IRCTC premier CC (now become LTF, after I put in a closure request. Is useful for Rly lounge visits; usually use Infinia for train bookings).

Is there any fuel card in the market (Pref. BPCL or IOCL) which will effectively give me a better return than HDFC Infinia & AI signature? I also got BoB HPCL virtual card as an additional card to BOB's IRCTC card, but am closing it because of poor service. Want to avoid HPCL because of the involvement of its stupid app.

Hello members, looking for a recommendation. I have HDFC infinia & SBI Air India signature credit cards. I applied for SBI BPCL Octane CC, but was denied, both online, and by asking the call centre. I guess the reason could be that I already hold 2 cards from SBI - I also hold IRCTC premier CC (now become LTF, after I put in a closure request. Is useful for Rly lounge visits; usually use Infinia for train bookings).

Is there any fuel card in the market (Pref. BPCL or IOCL) which will effectively give me a better return than HDFC Infinia & AI signature? I also got BoB HPCL virtual card as an additional card to BOB's IRCTC card, but am closing it because of poor service. Want to avoid HPCL because of the involvement of its stupid app.
. . .

Only SBI has BPCL cards, right? In the area that I live, there is an IOCL pump which is know to be slightly crooked. The BPCL pumps are known to be honest.

I understand that HDFC Infinia does not give points on Fuel. But does SBI AI signature give rps on Fuel? If so, it seems a better bet than anything else except SBI Octane, which I said I applied for, but didn't get.

Only SBI has BPCL cards, right? In the area that I live, there is an IOCL pump which is know to be slightly crooked. The BPCL pumps are known to be honest.

I understand that HDFC Infinia does not give points on Fuel. But does SBI AI signature give rps on Fuel? If so, it seems a better bet than anything else except SBI Octane, which I said I applied for, but didn't get.
In that case opt for AMEX card.

MRCC:

fee waiver on spending 1.5L

surcharge waiver applicable on only HPCL = 0%, BPCL & IOCL = 1% but it doesn't matter because

on spending 4x1500 every month will get you 1000 MR bonus rewards + 120 MR normal rewards = 1120 MR (do this every month x12)
+
on spending additional 14000 in a month will get you another 1000 MR bonus rewards + 280 MR normal rewards = 1280 MR (do this at least 6 times x6)

total spends: 1.56K
total MR: 21120 MR

1 MR = 0.33p (min. higher depends on preference)

net % = 4.46% (min.)

- surcharge 1.18% = 3.3% (min.)

Back