• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Get Axis Select or wait for Magnus

ramkumar_y

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Banker
Currently I hold these 2 Axis CCs:
Axis Flipkart LTF - 3L
Axis Ace
Axis MyZone LTF - Closed Recently

My plan is to get Magnus card. But currently, only Axis Privilege & Axis Select are showing as Pre-approved. When I asked Customer care if I can get Magnus without Income documents they said not possible.

Now my question is - Should I wait for Axis Magnus as 3rd card OR get Axis Select and ask for Upgrade to Axis Magnus later?

Will Axis directly upgrade Select to Magnus or should I close Flipkart/Ace card before upgrade?

Any suggestion or troll is welcome👍🏼

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
As said above, all depends on the limit on your existing card, it must be above 400k. And Select is useless card.
Axis Select is not totally useless, the 20% upfront discount upto Rs 500 on a transaction of Rs 2500 on bigbasket once per month is priceless. Also 40% discount of max Rs 200 on min order of Rs 400 with Swiggy twice a month is also quite usable. ;)

Use the card only for these two.

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If anyone can help with Axis customer support email ID ? Need to try and send them an email requesting FYF for Magnus for the paid pre-approved offer in the account.

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Most likely they won't entertain that request but you can try and mail at premium.experience@axisbank.com

But 2L floor on Magnus is very weird - as far as i've heard Magnus floor is 3L
Let me try, will opt for it if they give FYF.

Else I've an option to get via c2c using my Infinia statement, but wanted to spread the CC portfolio across family members.

EDIT: on 2nd thought, I won't be able to pool miles into one Airlines account from both Infinia & Magnus if they are in different names.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Let me try, will opt for it if they give FYF.

Else I've an option to get via c2c using my Infinia statement, but wanted to spread the CC portfolio across family members.

EDIT: on 2nd thought, I won't be able to pool miles into one Airlines account from both Infinia & Magnus if they are in different names.
Why so?
Points transfer only asks about ID of transfer partner and it can be changed (idk never tried)

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Why so?
Points transfer only asks about ID of transfer partner and it can be changed (idk never tried)
The airmiles partner has in terms that the holder of CC and airmiles account should be the same. However it works at times but there is always a risk of loosing the points.

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Totally makes sense because of gormint wanting to crack down on CC spenders for some reason
Did not give FYF or LTF, customer care called and told that is done durning campaigns and will notify when available.

I went ahead & applied on paid basis today morning, and just checked in account, the card is already showing up:

1679927605267.png

Option to upgrade limit as well, but I guess I can only activate after receipt of card:

1679927761329.png

clark_kent

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Did not give FYF or LTF, customer care called and told that is done durning campaigns and will notify when available.

I went ahead & applied on paid basis today morning, and just checked in account, the card is already showing up:

1679927605267.png

Option to upgrade limit as well, but I guess I can only activate after receipt of card:

1679927761329.png

Were you able to upgrade your credit limit to more than 2L. Thanks.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Axis Select is not totally useless, the 20% upfront discount upto Rs 500 on a transaction of Rs 2500 on bigbasket once per month is priceless. Also 40% discount of max Rs 200 on min order of Rs 400 with Swiggy twice a month is also quite usable. ;)

Use the card only for these two.
me and my friend use each other select and myzone for swiggy only.

ramkumar_y

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Banker
Still waiting for the delivery of card, they have not even shipped.

Cannot do anything online related to Limits / New card applications unless Magnus is activated. Wanted to apply IOCL as well.
Same here. No update on status of card dispatch. But got message from DTDC recording Pin mailer.

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge

1679927605267.png

1679927761329.png
Received the Magnus today, applied on 27th March.