• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting 1st Credit card for wife - HDFC

Sachin2008

TF Select
Hello,

My wife has a Savings account with HDFC and she was offered a Millennia credit card lifetime many times in the past but she refused to take it. Now I checked the Offers tab in hdfc netbnking only moneyback+ and tata nue plus showing the paid card.

I asked them(email cc) to give Millennia a credit card but they said go to the current offers. Should I take a Tata Nue card ? because it's a cobranded card later I will apply for millennia cc. (Its 1st credit card for her. no credit history)

What if I got Tata Neu this week after how much time I can apply for a primary card?
(She has been working with the center govt for the past 2 years. should I apply for a salary account? any benefit for salary account ?
Update:- I applied it and got msg ur Tata Nue card will come in a few days.

Last edited:
My suggestion is don't activate the card. They might call you asking you to activate it and even provide LTF offer.. You stay firm and ask them if they can convert this card to Millennia.

Exchange some mails with HDFC (Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com) explaining your relationship with bank and You want Millennia only otherwise you wont activate this card. You have 30 days window to do this mission.

OR

I am assuming she is not card freak like us and just want HDFC card for offers and don't have any plan to take any HDFC core card in future then you can go ahead and activate it but try this as last option.. Otherwise you play this long game of waiting for another offer from HDFC (5-6 months+)

Back