• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting ICICI secured card, should I wait for unsecured card or take it?

Taicu819

TF Buzz
If I have a secured icici cc, then will I not get a pre approved cc? Have a 4 year old savings account with icici and keeps almost 15-20k mab, but still no pre approved offers shown!

What procedure did you follow? Can I get BoB Select with a OneCard limit of 50k active for 7m?
I Applied online... With 3 month old one card lite.... In place of itr... Every where I uploaded my one card statement... They mailed... For itr documents... There also i sent cc statement... And my bob bank account 6 month statement with front of one card....
I was approved of easy rupay variant... After 2 month of using I mailed and got it upgraded to rupay premier....

I gave no documentation... Except cc statement... Also... There was no ipv for me... There was no contact from bank of baroda to me regarding my application.. It was approved... Even after I received.. A mail for rejection... After week of rejection mail... I got a link for vkyc.... Then I did instantly... In 1 day it was approved.... After vkyc...

ICICI is very lazy in terms of giving pre-approved credit card offer from my experience. I have an saving account from last 1 year. They have every other offer like 2 wheeler, car, gadget loan etc. But they never give credit card offer. At last I had to apply platinum card and it was approved. But only 50k limit given. Then applied Amazon pay it was also shared with platinum.

What was ur cibil when u applied for platinum.. Was any documents asked..???
ICICI is very lazy in terms of giving pre-approved credit card offer from my experience. I have an saving account from last 1 year. They have every other offer like 2 wheeler, car, gadget loan etc. But they never give credit card offer. At last I had to apply platinum card and it was approved. But only 50k limit given. Then applied Amazon pay it was also shared with platinum.

What procedure did you follow? Can I get BoB Select with a OneCard limit of 50k active for 7m?
Bro
Apply from branch approvals have high chances and the time taken for approval is also less atleast in my case.

Let me tell you my scenario.

I wanted to apply BoB C2C where my oldest cc was only 4 months old with 50k limit which was highest of all.
I went to the branch to apply but the cc executive wasn't present instead they had displayed the executive's number on the counter.
I had a discussion with the executive and they told that as the card is not 6 months old they can't assure approval of cc.
I was ready to take a chance and told to apply, so I wanted premier cc but I had no income docs nor some good old cc, so the executive suggested me to apply for easy which would probably have the easiest approval.
So the executive directly applied without C2C and income docs.

Card was approved on fifth day and delivered on day 7. Limit was 44k.

And I then converted this easy cc into Rupay premier cc easily.
So basically take the cc with the highest approval rate and then convert it to the desired one😉

So try applying through branch if possible.
If u r from Mumbai I can provide you Agent's number.

Back