• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gmail almost full - Path ahead

credit_debit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Many of you may have faced or are going to face this problem. Common ways to handle this are to reduce the size of Google Photos, use another drive or Dropbox to transfer photos, etc. What's the permanent solution (if the data > 15gb) apart from taking a 1drive subscription per month / annual subscription?

Is there 1 time payment method available for Google1 or any other suggestions at economical cost?

Many of you may have faced or are going to face this problem. Common ways to handle this are to reduce the size of Google Photos, use another drive or Dropbox to transfer photos, etc. What's the permanent solution (if the data > 15gb) apart from taking a 1drive subscription per month / annual subscription?

Is there 1 time payment method available for Google1 or any other suggestions at economical cost?
Move photos to a hard disk. Physical storage is much cheaper than cloud based storage.

Last edited:
Most of the memory will be used up in drive, google photos or mails with large attachments. You can go through the above and delete the unwanted files but the simplest solution that worked for me is to create another gmail account and transfer the drive files to that ID.

I've taken the annual subscription of 100GB and have added my wife's email ID to it as a family account. But the storage never stops. I am currently at 85GB. So, the same problem comes up again after a few years.

Buy a NAS. Physical storage is very cheap compared to cloud.
I totally get it but the features of Google Photos like face recognition, grouping, making albums and reminding me of my previous moments are what I like. I do have my childhood photos stored in an HDD. I have never once looked at or relished them. This way, at least I enjoy them once in a while.

Not a bad price for a nostalgic smile.

I totally get it but the features of Google Photos like face recognition, grouping, making albums and reminding me of my previous moments are what I like. I do have my childhood photos stored in an HDD. I have never once looked at or relished them. This way, at least I enjoy them once in a while.

That why I suggest having a nas you can access photos, anywhere, anytime. They also have similar features but not mature as Google photos.

The problem with NAS is we have to manage everything, and Google gives the flexiblity of searching, grouping, editing and sharing
These features are available in every photo backup software, I have tried. But they lack artificial intelligence that Google uses to tag our photos.

If you want the convenience of Google Photos and also the cheapest possible option then Google One is the best. Others like Dropbox, Onedrive, pCloud, etc are expensive. MEGA is comparitively cheaper but their lowest plan starts with 500GB. But none of them come close to Google's apps ecosystem and features. Annual plan get 2 months free.

I tried two app.
Mega - 20gb as free plan.
Icedrive - 10gb free plan.

Both are pretty good.

If you looking of lifetime plan icedrive offers 150gb for $100.

I hope Amazon bring Amazon photo to india..(its provided unlimited storage to prime user)

Create multiple Gmail Accounts and switch on partner sharing and add a single (main) email id to every account. This way you can watch every photos from the main account and you will get unlimited storage.

As long as the storage needs are less than 200GB/month, I think Google One is the best option. However, at 1 TB/mo, the Microsoft 365 family account (particularly if there are five people to add 1 TB storage/person) is a much better option. See this thread in another TF forum.

A separate option is to buy lifetime storage from online cloud provers. However, such lifetime offers are only valid until the company is solvent. A couple of decent companies in this space include Icedrive (1Tb for $499) & Koofr (1Tb for $159). You can wait for a month to get good Thanksgiving offers.

Get the Times Prime subscription from Cashkaro. You will get it as low as ₹150. It includes Google One 6 months plan of 100GB and can be shared among 5 members + Disney + hotstar 6 months and yt premium 4 months and many more!

Any way to delete bulk emails like email from 2017- 2018 instantly ?
Most of my Gmail space is occupied from Emails only

Back