• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gold charge card I am applying

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi all
Finally decided to go for gold charge card from amex so that mrcc I will get ltf and in combination with both I can pay the annual fee of gold which is 4500 plus gst easily.
Here’s the question once amex opens referring mode will there be any fee reduction if I apply by ref like mrcc if applied by ref link we get bonus points as well as yly charges just 1500 instead of 4500 kindly clarify for gold charge referral application so that i can wait or Apply now.
Note: I currently own smart earn card by amex which I got delivered in 72 hours of my application so is there any cooling period to go for gold charge. Also for existing customers how to make application like scb have 1 rupee debit to validate and they won’t ask any documents.
TIA sorry for a big question

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I strongly believe in not having manufactured spends, having said that due to AMEX low acceptance i do the below
MRCC 1500*4 Amazon vouchers for utility bills
Gold charge 1000*4 for fuel vouchers from rewards portal and 1000*2 paytm load for every day use

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I strongly believe in not having manufactured spends, having said that due to AMEX low acceptance i do the below
MRCC 1500*4 Amazon vouchers for utility bills
Gold charge 1000*4 for fuel vouchers from rewards portal and 1000*2 paytm load for every day use
yes a kind of manufactured spend only but to get that 2k RPs no-way i found via POS lot of time not acceptable

tanvi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What's the hidden eligibility for gold charge card?
Currently I have around 9 enquiries in last 3 month and 1 in current month
Also my cibil score felled to 767 due to new accounts

Should I wait for few month?

nomad

TF Premier
If we get the mrcc as companion card for gold charge card, then at the time of renewal, will i be able to negotiate for fee waiver or some renewal benefits?
MRCC as companion has nothing to do with Renewal fee for Gold Charge card
You can try negotiating in general for renewal benefits like extra MR points, or spend based fee waiver

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If we get the mrcc as companion card for gold charge card, then at the time of renewal, will i be able to negotiate for fee waiver or some renewal benefits?
Also, Amex has stopped offering companion cards as of late so you can try your luck but doubtful.
Only the Platinum Charge cards get companion card these days.