• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Golf card debit/credit

The other person playing with you does not have to be a club member. They either need to be a member or be paying the green fees if not a member. So for example if you’re playing with your wife, one of you can use Mastercard complementary game and the spouse can pay green fees. You can assume that the green fees is divided between you.
If you play 2-3 times a month, the calculation is still a lot cheaper than buying membership.

But once you start playing you might want to become a member, buy a set of clubs (half set costs around 18k minimum).
You need not pay green fee,if you have enough cards with golf games.You can book separately with 2 or more cards on the same day and you can play together.

I know,that other person playing with you need not be a member.All I am saying is,it's tough to get the booking with Master card compared to other cards like,Amex or Diners.In Amex you can book withe app,and it's very easy.Diners and axis also gives the booking with one club members name on weekends.Mastercard requires 2 club members names for a weekend booking.That's just crazy.Try to book a weekend golf game with Mastercard at a popular club,you will know.
I get your point now. Agree!
But it’s also one of the cheapest way to play golf. Imagine a card like HDFC Swiggy with Rs 500 a year or Yes prosperity edge with Rs 399 a year fees offering 12 lessons in a year worth around 20k alone.

You need not pay green fee,if you have enough cards with golf games.You can book separately with 2 or more cards on the same day and you can play together.
thank you for your valuable contribution to the thread. hope you keep visiting the site. lots to learn.

If I could ask- what cards would you recommend for Golf?

I get your point now. Agree!
But it’s also one of the cheapest way to play golf. Imagine a card like HDFC Swiggy with Rs 500 a year or Yes prosperity edge with Rs 399 a year fees offering 12 lessons in a year worth around 20k alone.
Really each lesson is worth 1.5k approx? I think it would depend on club.
Some are cheaper.
But I get the point.

Really each lesson is worth 1.5k approx? I think it would depend on club.
Some are cheaper.
But I get the point.
The club I go to charges 700 to 2500 for 45-50 min lesson and it depends upon the coach I choose. The coach Mastercard always assign me to (because they have a tie up) charges 2300 for 50 minutes lesson. So technically I save 2300 per month on each card I use.

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
Dress for Qutub? TShirt (Polo), Pants, Glove. Anything I am missing?

Any others you have tried in NCR?
Shoes are an integral part of golf.If you are a beginner you can use normal sports shoes,you can invest in good golf shoes later.

I regularly use my MC world variant cards to enjoy golf lessons.
Below are some low/mid level cards with minimal fees/LTF

HDFC Swiggy CC
HDFC Millenia CC (Not sure if they’re still issuing MC variant. They did last year)
IDFC Select CC (ask them for MC specifically through insta after applying)
HDFC Millenia DC (not available in MC online, some branches got as a part of new account kit 2 years back and they can assign you if you visit the branch. Carry a cancelled cheque. Card will not have your name)
YES Prosperity Edge CC

You can visit Mastercard website to check which banks are issuing world MC variant cards. Here’s the link - https://specials.priceless.com/en-in/apply?issuerId=&productId=
Use filter to select MC world.
Kotak Myntra Card is also MasterCard World varient it will work?

Back