• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got call from my SBI bank branch regarding my SBI credit card

m.a.d_eye

TF Buzz
Today morning I got call from my SBI bank branch regard my SBI simply save rupay credit card.
I use this card mostly for UPI payments and got this card few months back only.
IMG_8178.JPG
Bank Lady told me there is an offer for me so they can upgrade my SBI simply save rupay credit card to SBI CashBack rupay credit card in free.
I asked specifically if she is sure that card will be a rupay card because I use it for UPI payments she told yes and she told limit will also be increased as current limit on simply save is Rs. 1.36L.

Now the thing is Renewal Fee (per annum): Rs. 999 in cashback credit card and Renewal Fee reversed if annual spends for last year >= Rs. 2,00,000
which is Rs. 500 in simply save and Renewal Fee reversed if annual spends for last year >= Rs. 1,00,000.

What do you guys suggest? Should I got to branch and take this update?
Did any one else had this kind of upgrade? please share experience so it will be little easy for me to decide.

Branch never calls as sbi bank & sbi cards are two different entities.

But u can always find sbi cards guy in branch nowadays.usually don't have desk .

They don't have cashback card option as they don't have Sbi approved system to work on .hence can't see your offer .

So either its a sham or they thought u want a card with cashback & not a cashback card..
Or they thought sbi cashback card have rupay because it doesn't .
Else why would tata neu tops the list 😆😆
I see only way to verify this, is to meet that lady
I’ll not go ahead if I find anything shady.

Get the SBI cashback credit card. 5% upto Rs5000 Cashback per month on all online shopping, travel etc.

You can buy total 1 lakh monthly Amazon gv at 5% cashback or
rotate money through some wallets and transfer the money to your bank account and earn 5% Cashback.

Only make sure that you will get SBI cashback credit card.
Hmmmm. Jaldi jaldi btao konse wallet ki bat hori h.😅

Today morning I got call from my SBI bank branch regard my SBI simply save rupay credit card.
I use this card mostly for UPI payments and got this card few months back only.
View attachment 42617
Bank Lady told me there is an offer for me so they can upgrade my SBI simply save rupay credit card to SBI CashBack rupay credit card in free.
I asked specifically if she is sure that card will be a rupay card because I use it for UPI payments she told yes and she told limit will also be increased as current limit on simply save is Rs. 1.36L.

Now the thing is Renewal Fee (per annum): Rs. 999 in cashback credit card and Renewal Fee reversed if annual spends for last year >= Rs. 2,00,000
which is Rs. 500 in simply save and Renewal Fee reversed if annual spends for last year >= Rs. 1,00,000.

What do you guys suggest? Should I got to branch and take this update?
Did any one else had this kind of upgrade? please share experience so it will be little easy for me to decide.
I think she is an agent. Earlier this month at a railway station, a SBI Card agent came to me and said if you apply for a card, you will get 10% cashback on online shopping and reward points too. I was a bit in a hurry, so I couldn't take part in the fun.

They will say anything to sell card.

Once an agent fooled my father and sold him Prime Card.

No looting here, never ever transferred money back to bank nor I will in future
Open for any independent audit ..

I never ever promote rotation or back to bank transactions..

My statement on this subject in September last year can he found here..

i dont know why people dont respect their time and their worth .. instead of wasting thousands of minutes for these pennies they can invest the same time in learning new skills or for their business growth and can make thousands of those pennies in a penny of time😉 if they dont have a narrow perspective, no self confidence and low self esteem

i dont know why people dont respect their time and their worth .. instead of wasting thousands of minutes for these pennies they can invest the same time in learning new skills or for their business growth and can make thousands of those pennies in a penny of time😉 if they dont have a narrow perspective, no self confidence and low self esteem
Moral policing 🥸🥸

There are reasons behind everything.

1) Do you want advices with regard to SBI CB card ? if yes .. just take it with eyes closed.

2) CB card on Rupay?? - update us about this after your visit to the branch.. as we got no info.
Ok so I have update here, didn’t wait till Monday just came back from bank

It wasn’t any scam and lady was there but she was a sbi card agent.
I asked and she agreed that there is an offer for me to upgrade my existing card to sbi cashback card.
I asked what do I need to do
She asked to open my sbi yono app and then she did some steps
After that asked my email ID
Then I asked please show me where it is written that it’s sbi cashback card will be with rupay network.
She did few steps back and showed it was sbi cashback card.
Then I again asked it’s not showing it will be a Rupay card
She checked some more pages then went to her senior
Came back and told this card will be visa card.
Then I denied the upgrade and said I use my card specifically for UPI payment and Visa is not applicable for it.
She understood and told she will call if Rupay variant of sbi cashback card will be available in future.

To summarise she wasn’t fully aware of card network when I talked to her in call and SBI cashback credit card is not available in Rupay network but there was an upgrade available for me which didn’t opt.

There are reasons behind everything.
Once in a while with a proper reason might not look bad
But if someone thinks(small-minded) he can make good doing it .. I must say that the same person can make extraordinarily good doing something legit (the only worst part is that we get huge rewards in exchange of huge efforts)

I asked and she agreed that there is an offer for me to upgrade my existing card to sbi cashback card.
Then I asked please show me where it is written that it’s sbi cashback card will be with rupay network.
Then I denied the upgrade and said I use my card specifically for UPI payment and Visa is not applicable for it.
She understood and told she will call if Rupay variant of sbi cashback card will be available in future.

To summarise she wasn’t fully aware of card network when I talked to her in call and SBI cashback credit card is not available in Rupay network but there was an upgrade available for me which didn’t opt.

My recommendation:
Take that SBI CB card on visa network.
It is very useful and the best in its category as of now.
You can take another rupay card later ..Rupay cards are very very easy to get.
But CB card is not that easy especially with more than 1L limit.

There are so many people who want to take CB but not able to get it.
It seems you dont know what you are rejecting..

You can apply for SBI Rupay card or any other Rupay card at anytime and get it easily

Last edited:

Apply SBI Visa Cashback Card bro, this is the best card bro, you will not regret.

You can later apply Rupay variant cc from other banks or additional SBI simplysave RuPay cc.

My recommendation:
Take that SBI CB card on visa network.
It is very useful and the best in its category as of now.
You can take another rupay card later ..Rupay cards are very bery easy to get.
But CB card is not that easy especially with more than 1L limit.
Thanks for suggestion I'll take some time do decide
already having 3 card HDFC millennia, SBI SimplySave, Axis MyZone (LTF)
so I might take a new Rupay card then upgrade my SBI SimplySave to SBI cashback she told as my current limit in 1.36L it can be increase up to 2L with her referral. I also think it's good offer.

No worries..
You can right now apply for Tata Neu Rupay card from Tata Neu App and it will be approved within a day or two as you already hold Millenia and it is the best Rupay card in the market right now.
And get SBI CB card , which is the best CB card in the market..
best woshed8

No worries..
You can right now apply for Tata Neu Rupay card from Tata Neu App and it will be approved within a day or two as you already hold Millenia and it is the best Rupay card in the market right now.
And get SBI CB card , which is the best CB card in the market..
best woshed8
yes I was considering Tata Neu Rupay card will go for it. 🙌

Kindly check your mails and bank statements. There's a new scam going on in SBI. She could have taken a pre approved personal loan and closed that too for the sake of targets.

Thanks for suggestion I'll take some time do decide
already having 3 card HDFC millennia, SBI SimplySave, Axis MyZone (LTF)
so I might take a new Rupay card then upgrade my SBI SimplySave to SBI cashback she told as my current limit in 1.36L it can be increase up to 2L with her referral. I also think it's good offer.
Convert your Axis MyZone Visa (LTF) to Axis MyZone RuPay (LTF).

Normally axis bank will denied for LTF conversion, you can complaint to RBI and then Axis bank will agree to offer you Axis MyZone RuPay (LTF).

Genuine spenders are required so that cards/banks can survive.
phir-hera-pheri-mast-joke-mara.gif

I don't think upgrade will be there in Yono app. It should be in SBI Cards app.

Back