• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got my first credit card now what to do?

sn1perdj

TF Buzz
Hello Everyone,

I opened kotak 811 account back in June in a hope of getting a per approved credit card. Which i did get at start of this month.

Now what?
I want to open another bank account in order to get my next card. Which one to choose HDFC or Axis, which has the higher chance of giving pre-approved offer, or do you have any better alternatives ?

My monthly spends are on average 40-45k. See if that helps in giving suggestions.

Right now, i am not going ahead and apply cards online as i decided to wait 6 months and build a great credit history. So then I’ll look for preys.

Every input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks 🙏🏽

I am little embarrassed when they ask for ITR or payslip. I have none to give.
Let my current kotak card get 6 months old, so i can use it for card to card application process.

Right now just looking for a way to get another pre approved card.
Oh, yes the you have Card to card basis options and maintain good CIBIL.

All your points were very good but I don't think HSBC offers credit cards to non salaried people. I don't think even @TechnoFino has been able to get one. Obviously I would be happy to be corrected since I have almost all bank cards except HSBC since I am self employed. I hope I am wrong because that means there is still a chance for me to get HSBC credit card.
Oh yes, correct. They have clearly mentioned on their website that credit card is only for salaried 😅👍.

I am salaried so, I got it.

Resurrecting this thread all these months later, in the exact position as the Author of the original post...

Just got my first unsecured CC by SBI (SimplyClick) with 40k limit after 6 months of OneCard (Secured) with 22k limit, later increased to 52k recently...

Being non-salaried (Self Employed Business - Partner at LLP) I've had a tough time getting a CC, and looking mainly for Unsecured Card Preapproved offers...
- I think half the issues would've been solved if I made a Business account for my firm and created Salary accounts for my partners and in-house employees?
Considering doing this soon with IDFC First in the next couple of months...

But until then, was going to open an IndusInd Delite Savings account with hopes of getting their Legend CC preapproved in a few months... But not sure if Paid Legend can be converted to LTF later?
Does this make sense or should I do create an account in some other bank? Since I heard a lot of negatives in IndusInd, but eventually want to upgrade it to their Exclusive Savings Account, which should resolve all banking service related issues...

CIBIL currently at 744, should go above 750 in the next 10 days...

Should I apply for Amazon Pay ICICI? Looking for it to be the highest limit CC in the next 2-5 yrs since they're generous with their limits usually... Or should I wait longer until CIBIL is higher? (And if so, how much?)

Resurrecting this thread all these months later, in the exact position as the Author of the original post...

Just got my first unsecured CC by SBI (SimplyClick) with 40k limit after 6 months of OneCard (Secured) with 22k limit, later increased to 52k recently...

Being non-salaried (Self Employed Business - Partner at LLP) I've had a tough time getting a CC, and looking mainly for Unsecured Card Preapproved offers...
- I think half the issues would've been solved if I made a Business account for my firm and created Salary accounts for my partners and in-house employees?
Considering doing this soon with IDFC First in the next couple of months...

But until then, was going to open an IndusInd Delite Savings account with hopes of getting their Legend CC preapproved in a few months... But not sure if Paid Legend can be converted to LTF later?
Does this make sense or should I do create an account in some other bank? Since I heard a lot of negatives in IndusInd, but eventually want to upgrade it to their Exclusive Savings Account, which should resolve all banking service related issues...

CIBIL currently at 744, should go above 750 in the next 10 days...

Should I apply for Amazon Pay ICICI? Looking for it to be the highest limit CC in the next 2-5 yrs since they're generous with their limits usually... Or should I wait longer until CIBIL is higher? (And if so, how much?)
I opened Zero Bal account in Indusind bank back in December. I don’t maintain any kind of balance but I’ve transactions on an average of 50-70k each month. Which is paid to merchant, paid towards bills or UPI at local shops.

I’ve received a pre approved personal loan offer worth 3L since start of March, considering I don’t have any job or any kind of income flowing in, I take it on positive side, and I strongly feel that in couple months maybe till May or June. I’ll receive pre-approved credit offer from them.

I’ve unsecured Kotak CC “pre-approved”,
IDFC’s secured card &
OneCard’s secured card.

I opened Zero Bal account in Indusind bank back in December. I don’t maintain any kind of balance but I’ve transactions on an average of 50-70k each month. Which is paid to merchant, paid towards bills or UPI at local shops.

I’ve received a pre approved personal loan offer worth 3L since start of March, considering I don’t have any job or any kind of income flowing in, I take it on positive side, and I strongly feel that in couple months maybe till May or June. I’ll receive pre-approved credit offer from them.

I’ve unsecured Kotak CC “pre-approved”,
IDFC’s secured card &
OneCard’s secured card.
Oh! Got it!

I guess I'll proceed with my plan then... Was really hoping I could eventually land an unsecured IDFC card
I was barely considering keeping 20k balance in IndusInd (using as an emergency fund)

Congrats on the preapproved Kotak btw! 🥳

Even with axis pre approved offer comes after 3 months
But Axis has too many hidden charges and fees...
Everyone that has a basic Axis account (Not premium like Burgundy etc) have had extremely bad experiences with Axis...

HDFC, IndusInd and others are probably better from what I've heard

Still not sure whether to create Savings account for preapproved offer from HDFC or IndusInd, supposedly IndusInd is easier, but HDFC seems just as good...
Very confused 😥

Back