• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Govt T bills

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
10k will be debited. later after price auction some will be refunded. 10k- discovery price.

try getting tbill on retail direct. there is some extra charge on using coin platform.

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
10k will be debited. later after price auction some will be refunded. 10k- discovery price.

try getting tbill on retail direct. there is some extra charge on using coin platform.
Wanted to know the extra charge as wellm if u know u can let me know

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
Does this help?

Zerodha has its own forum at

Also, why don't you invest directly thr RBI?

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does this help?

Zerodha has its own forum at

Also, why don't you invest directly thr RBI?

Ya planning to open rbi retail direct account itself

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I know its bit unrelated.
Better to buy T-bills in secondary market, there's illiquidity so you get better prices for low volume transactions. I've traded up to 1L in the secondary market with 3 month yields at 7%
Guess during listing of a new bill this can happen. Saw with last t bill n kept as a note

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What's the advantage of Tbill over say liquid funds that give similar returns? Both come under slab rate for taxation. Tbill is Sovereign guaranteed, but so are some liquid funds that invest mostly in govt tbills.

Personally, I find ease of investing in liquid funds better.

Last edited:

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What's the advantage of Tbill over say liquid funds that give similar returns? Both come under slab rate for taxation. Tbill is Sovereign guaranteed, but so are some liquid funds that invest mostly in govt tbills.

Personally, I find ease of investing in liquid funds better.
I feel the return u get out of t bill is slightly higher than liquid fund and if we invest in those accounts where there is no tax liability then it's better return than liquid funds for short term

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I feel the return u get out of t bill is slightly higher than liquid fund and if we invest in those accounts where there is no tax liability then it's better return than liquid funds for short term
That's true. But liquidity is a problem when it comes to tbills. So liquid funds are much better in that aspect.

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you clarify which accounts are you referring to with no tax liability? I am curious.