• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Offer Fulfilled! Grab 10x reward points* on your spends with Standard Chartered credit card

The offer has been fulfilled by the bank/company.

Deviation

TF Buzz
I have received an email from StanChar bank regarding the "Grab 10x reward points* on your spends with StanChart credit card".

Untitled.png

The Terms and Conditions has a clause "5. This Offer is not applicable for Standard Chartered Mastercard credit cards, Emirates, Ultimate, Digismart, Smart and Landmark Rewards credit cardholders."
Now, this is an ambiguity as I am having StanChar Rewards Credit card in Master Card varient and they are clearly stating that the offer is not applicable.
Did anyone receive a similay email. Experts please clarify. Should I go for this offer or not?

This is the card that I have. (Sample image)

in-rewards-card-navigation.jpg

This Offer is not applicable for Mastercard credit cards, Emirates, Ultimate, Digismart, Smart and Landmark Rewards credit cardholders.

Moreover small precap about rewards card:

Normal txns: 0.67%
milestone (after spending 20k): +0.67%
govt, insurance: 0.17%

Ex:

For 30,000 spends in a month (except govt, insurace): 0.9%

-------- trust me there are many many many better cards exist with even less fee or as LTF in other banks, not sure why you got this card?

-------------

Now, this offer not applicable to your card but even if it is applicable..

general criteria, SC follow for all the offers of these types: 1x = 1 RP.

normally, rewards provides = 4x and after 20k spends another +4x

so, you'll get upto 20k = extra 6x (then existing 4x+ 6x bonus = 10x)
after 20k = extra 2x (base 4x + milestone 4x + bonus 2x = 10x)

its just 2.5% and not at all worthy to spend INR 100, IMO. Again, anycase its not applicable to you but saying for future purpose, don't worry about these offers from SC, its not much rewardful to you.

Get Millennia cards and you'll get 1% on regular, 5% on select online + 5% on gyftr, much much better than this card. Its upto you..

Back