• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Guidance to Consolidate Multiple Bank Account.

HimanshuJais

TF Buzz
Hey,
I Am Having Multiple Bank Account Kindly Suggest me Which one Should i Close to Consolidate it.
Below Are the Banks Name

HDFC -Preferred Banking Old Account (Not to Close this Account) (I Have Credit Card)
ICICI -10K AMB (I Have Credit Card)
Kotak 811
SBI (I Have Credit Card)
Union Bank Of India For Current Account And Cash Credit

Please Suggest Which 2 Account Should I Close
And I am Also Planning to take Home Loan In Future

Hey,
I Am Having Multiple Bank Account Kindly Suggest me Which one Should i Close to Consolidate it.
Below Are the Banks Name

HDFC -Preferred Banking Old Account (Not to Close this Account) (I Have Credit Card)
Kotak 811
SBI (I Have Credit Card)

More than a bank, there employees in your branch matter more :)
I have seen 1st class service in gramin banks and 3rd class in Tier 2 big banks (ICICI/HDFC/etc.).

Anyways, from your list, since you are also going to opt for a Home Loan, I would recommend to keep SBI alive. In case you plan for MaxGain HL then it is the only bank in India where you can manage your interest rates according to your need.

Kotak 811 > If you are not using, it time to bid good-bye!!
ICICI - 10K AMB > Convert it to Wealth account and make 0 AMB by making 1 time deposit of 5Lks (for 1-2 weeks) and then move it back to your preferred bank.

More than a bank, there employees in your branch matter more :)
I have seen 1st class service in gramin banks and 3rd class in Tier 2 big banks (ICICI/HDFC/etc.).

Anyways, from your list, since you are also going to opt for a Home Loan, I would recommend to keep SBI alive. In case you plan for MaxGain HL then it is the only bank in India where you can manage your interest rates according to your need.

Kotak 811 > If you are not using, it time to bid good-bye!!
ICICI - 10K AMB > Convert it to Wealth account and make 0 AMB by making 1 time deposit of 5Lks (for 1-2 weeks) and then move it back to your preferred bank.
I have contacted branch for wealth conversion they are saying to open new account.
and mostly my transactions are on business cash credit account of union bank savings account i rarely use

Hey,
Below Are the Banks Name

Kotak 811
SBI (I Have Credit Card)

ICICI and SBI

Having a credit card should not be the only criteria to not close a bank account.
Having SB account is also not part of any criteria for them to give you a home loan.

From SBI, ICICI, HDFC -- Choose two which you are comfortable in visiting the branch if and when they ask (good response from employees, near to house, etc).
Choose two and close the third.

Close both:
Kotak 811
UBI

I have only one hdfc account earlier i had 4 . Closed bob ,kotak and sbi. I would advise stay away from psu. Keep hdfc and icici

I have contacted branch for wealth conversion they are saying to open new account.
and mostly my transactions are on business cash credit account of union bank savings account i rarely use
If they are already showing 0 interest in customer support that gives you the first sign to go ahead and shut that account.
I have seen a worrysome attitude from ICICI in Tier 2 cities (not sure about your city). My earlier experience of ICICI in Hyd and Blr was top notch, however, the moment I moved to my home town during Covid, the kind of attitude from ICICI always gave me more reasons to close account with them.

I pushed a lot for account closure, but somehow it got auto converted to wealth account without even 1 Re. deposit. I stopped bothering them from that day! :hehe:

Hey,
Below Are the Banks Name

Kotak 811
SBI (I Have Credit Card)

I'd suggest u to close kotak 811 and continue remaining accs
Remaining are useful and u may need them in future (Home loan)
u can also close UBI but as u said u r using it for cash deposits it is ur choice

Take the decision wisely

Hey,
Below Are the Banks Name

Kotak 811
SBI (I Have Credit Card)

You need not close any of these. Keep them. Hdfc and icici for most of the banking, kotak for everyday banking, UPI, payments etc and SBI & UBI for loans related products.

And you never know an old account may give you more leverage or favour in loans.

Never seen that happen, but you do you.
True holding acc means nothing banks give loans on credit history. Even if u have credit card from them then its considered a form of relationship u can easily get loan on that basis no need to have acc with them.

Back