• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

hdfc addon card for non account holder - address issues

ltf4ever

TF Legend
I have dcb.
i want to get an addon for my wife who does not have an hdfc account. the process for that is completely offline.
branch people told me to submit an addon request form along with her photo, pan and aadhaar.

now the address on her aadhaar is not the same as mine.

I had seen in some other bank cards that for an addon, the address of the addon applicant should be same as that of primary.

i wanted to know of such is the case with hdfc also and if yes, how can i still get an addon for her without going through the hassle of changing address on her aadhaar?

i asked the branch people but as usual, they were clueless. guess these situations are too complex for them and out of syllabus.

a simple search with "hdfc addon address" in this forum, should have given you the required answer.
sorry.
too many open tickets, follow up emails to an RM who went missing leaving process incomplete, conversations with an untrained staff and hdfc's refusal to give correct resolution made me want to get a quick resolution from anyone who can share their experiences and hacks.
found your post and it seems address does not matter. will confirm with bank. for context, hdfc branch at my temporary address had asked me for govt address proof of my temporary address (rent agreement not accepted ) when i had applied for card. a call from their head office made them reconsider their illogical request. proving that they unnecessarily create obstacles whenever they can.

yep, addon holder address can be different, but card will be delivered to the primary holder's registered address only. This i got confirmed from the branch people only.

Back