• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Asking charges for no cost emi closure

gzb30ab

TF Buzz
Hi guys I bought an AC from Amazon in 9 months no cost emi but when I went to cancel from mycards it's showing pre closure charges and cc are not helping also most as it's merchant emi it will be charged Offus emi are not charged!!. Help please

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-15-21-18-10-115_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-15-21-18-10-115_com.android.chrome.webp
    157.7 KB · Views: 100
Hi guys I bought an AC from Amazon in 9 months no cost emi but when I went to cancel from mycards it's showing pre closure charges and cc are not helping also most as it's merchant emi it will be charged Offus emi are not charged!!. Help please
There is no help here in this case..
There will be 3% pre0closure costs associated with it and 18% GST on top of it as a bonus...

Reactions: BVC
There is no help here in this case..
There will be 3% pre0closure costs associated with it and 18% GST on top of it as a bonus...
Then what we got doing no cost emi and then cancelling it ? In icici I use I get whole interest as discount.

Whether first EMI has been posted to your account? If yes, then you have to pay the charges.

If not, then bank may cancel the emi within 3 days of the txn, however, processing fee will not be reversed.

When was the purchase date, and the emi cancellation date

Whether first EMI has been posted to your account? If yes, then you have to pay the charges.

If not, then bank may cancel the emi within 3 days of the txn, however, processing fee will not be reversed.
No it converted yesterday only

no cost EMI is a trap .
for emi conversion 199+18 gst on top of that 18% gst on every emi .
foreclose charges 3%+18 gst
Yes better to prefer and buy with instant discount offers only. I also feel EMI is always a trap and we will be in the EMI cycle throughout. But there is other side as when we need it on urgency and no funds there is no option again. But overall it has edge towards trap as I feel.

No it converted yesterday only

Go through this post. Detailed explanation by @Tejo

Then what we got doing no cost emi and then cancelling it ? In icici I use I get whole interest as discount.
Sarein ICICI, Axis nahi hain na sabka apna apna policy hai...

Kotak bhi refund kar deta to some great extent except convenience fees or GST or both, if I remember well.

Do you want to cancel the EMI or return the AC?

He wants to cancel EMI and Keep AC.. is it possible ?? ;)
It is possible but you have to pay those extra fees better option is to cancel the AC and Reorder
When you return an item even if you do EMI everything including Processing fees gets reversed.

Last edited:
Back