• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Convert Outstanding to EMI

BiggBoss

TF Select
Hi,

So my HDFC Millennia card limit is 1,25,000. I used 100% of the limit. Now, I am paying the minimum due only. Because of every month's financial charges, it's the same as the full 1.25l, even after paying the minimum due every month.

My friend needs to pay a bill of 1 lakh at one hotel. He will make a payment to my credit card of 1 lakh, and I will pay the hotel bill of 1 lakh. So, do you think I can convert that transaction to EMI?

Someone, please share your thoughts about this.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi,

So my HDFC Millennia card limit is 1,25,000. I used 100% of the limit. Now, I am paying the minimum due only. Because of every month's financial charges, it's the same as the full 1.25l, even after paying the minimum due every month.

My friend needs to pay a bill of 1 lakh at one hotel. He will make a payment to my credit card of 1 lakh, and I will pay the hotel bill of 1 lakh. So, do you think I can convert that transaction to EMI?

Someone, please share your thoughts about this.
Y e s s

Why would you use 100% of card ? Are you in debt or got into bad financial choices

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi Doc, Do you think that the best way to pay the bill is by converting it into EMI?
If u r paying only minimum dues . Emi is better .
Since its Millniea ( non rupay) taking out money & playing bill is stress .

So better do emi ( small duration).

Better get a rupay surrogate card & use it for in & out rotation .
Minimum dues is bad - emi is still ok

Try loan . If u can't repay in 1-2 month .

Even if u did blunder with money u can share .
If u put in business i guess u can pay emi

sidp

TF Ace
Hi Doc, Do you think that the best way to pay the bill is by converting it into EMI?
Emi is better than min due. But Why would you pay that high rate? Did you avail some 0% interest offer?
Also of already full cl is blocked with emi, how can you add more expenses? You plan to repay and retake emi?
Call customer care, and ask them will there any charge for prepaymentof emi? (I've never taken emi. But some loans have preclosure fee. So better to clarify beforehand)
Do know that keeping utilization this high will harm your credit score.

sidp

TF Ace
Once a blue moon its ok .
Hardly 10-15 drop..

But yes apply for another cc might be affected
But paying emi processing fee for 1st loan, then prepayment fee and then adding another expense, paying processing fee again for emi. Plus high interest rate. Does it make any sense?
Any emi above 3m will be brutal. Better to take any personal or secured debt to pay it off fast.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
But paying processing fee for 1st loan, then prepayment fee and then adding another expense, paying processing fee again. Plus high interest rate. Does it make any sense?
Better to take any personal ot secured debt to pay it off fast.
Thats why i said .. how much month does he plans on doing this .
& If he invested in business. He can pay emi or take loan .. or if he can pay full just continue 1-2 month like that

sidp

TF Ace
Can I convert the transaction to EMI in net banking? or any other process?
There should be option in the app itself. If you open list of transactions, convert to emi option should be there.
If you are planning to receive money from your friend, then why doesn't he pay the outstanding amount first. Then you do his hotel bill payment. Once his transaction is shown, you can convert that to emi.
Else you'll pay emi processing fee (normally around 250-350rs) twice. Plus more if there is emi prepayment fee.

BiggBoss

TF Select
There should be option in the app itself. If you open list of transactions, convert to emi option should be there.
If you are planning to receive money from your friend, then why doesn't he pay the outstanding amount first. Then you do his hotel bill payment. Once his transaction is shown, you can convert that to emi.
Else you'll pay emi processing fee (normally around 250-350rs) twice. Plus more if there is emi prepayment fee.
Yes, he will pay the complete outstanding amount. then i will pay the bill and convert that to EMI. am i correct or missing something ?