• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC bank credit card application declined

babai9300

TF Buzz
I have credit cards from multiple banks and didn't face any issue with new credit card applications. My cibil score is 801. Still, HDFC is rejecting my credit card application and this is 2nd time. Any idea what is going wrong?

Please find the list of credit cards I hold -

1. Axis Neo
2. Axis Ace
3. Citi Rewards
4. IDFC First select
5. ICICI Amazon pay
6. PNB Select Rupay

I have credit cards from multiple banks and didn't face any issue with new credit card applications. My cibil score is 801. Still, HDFC is rejecting my credit card application and this is 2nd time. Any idea what is going wrong?

1. Axis Neo
2. Axis Ace
3. Citi Rewards
4. IDFC First select
5. ICICI Amazon pay
6. PNB Select Rupay
Any late payments in cibil, any overdue updates ?

what card did you applied ? Did ask for reason ?

Do you ac with hdfc ?

I applied for tata neu plus credit card and I don't have any late payment.

Don't have account with HDFC.

Dropped mail for the reason waiting for response.

Later, disclose the info.

Just have ac with them, with transactions. They will easily will give.

It's a blessing in disguise.

HDFC doesn't issue core cards if your active card is a co-branded card. So would recommend you to apply for a core card first and then apply for Tata cards with a shared limit (floaters).

Ye toh kuchbhi nahi hai..... they denied my pre-approved-credit-card (atleast that's what it was mentioned in url) offer after applying online :ROFLMAO:

Millennia with 3.12L limit and Imperia Account meant nothing to HDFC credit card team. Best thing, I also got a CIBIL Hit for pre approved offer (which banks usually don't for a pre approved offer I assume)

Everyone sitting in Chennai office should be neutered so that their low IQ isn't passed on to future generation

Ye toh kuchbhi nahi hai..... they denied my pre-approved-credit-card (atleast that's what it was mentioned in url) offer after applying online :ROFLMAO:

Millennia with 3.12L limit and Imperia Account meant nothing to HDFC credit card team. Best thing, I also got a CIBIL Hit for pre approved offer (which banks usually don't for a pre approved offer I assume)

Everyone sitting in Chennai office should be neutered so that their low IQ isn't passed on to future generation

They take imperia account holders for granted. :p Rejected my Regalia Gold request 3 times with the same email content from 3 different email ids, customercare, grievance and priority.

1. Axis Neo
2. Axis Ace
3. Citi Rewards
4. IDFC First select
5. ICICI Amazon pay
6. PNB Select Rupay
Could you check what message was displayed after applying?

I too got rejected message in Tata Neu App and after two days, automatically Card showed up in the App and it was delivered in the next 7 days.

IMG8379.png

This message was displayed initially. I did not do anything. And after 2-3 days, Card got approved.

I applied direct through the HDFC website and all the verification is also done seamlessly within 2 days. Suddenly got the message for decline and after calling the service centre got to know error - "Base mismatch". Waiting for reply from the grievance redressal team. Lets see

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-04-22-35-02-443_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-04-22-35-02-443_com.android.chrome.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 55
This is the response I received.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-11-23-33-36-363_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-11-23-33-36-363_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 132

Same happened with me around 15 days before. In chennai only. Got my pre-approved card rejected without any reason. RM is also puzzled and said I'll try to see but couldn't do anything. Classic status is for namesake only.

1. If HDFC declines application for credit card inspite of having good credit score, any email to complain?
2. Also, since the application is rejected, we don't have the any application number to refer to in such an email.
What to do?

Back