• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Salary Account Closure

Mack

TF Select
Hello Team,

My HDFC salary account has been converted to basic savings account and has been charged 600 monthly as MAB not maintained. Now the negative balance stands at -2890rs. How to close this A/c without paying the outstanding negative balance or even I'm ready to cash the A/c with 10k as MAB but Before that i need to remove the outstanding negative balance.

Last edited:
Hello Team,

My HDFC salary account has been converted to basic savings account and has been charged 600 monthly as MAB not maintained. Now the negative balance stands at -2890rs. How to close this A/c without paying the outstanding negative balance or even I'm ready to cash the A/c with 10k as MAB but Before that i need to remove the outstanding negative balance.
mat karo wo account use, there are many banks in india

Had a similar case few months back. I simply told the RM that I won't be paying anything for closure of account. They tried to negotiate the amount but I outrightly refused to pay anything. They closed the account after realising they won't be able to recover it.

Else, don't use the account for 6-7 months and block the debit card. It will automatically become dormant and bank won't care any more.

Last edited:
Hello Team,

Quick update:

Mailed support@hdfcbank.com a week before to waive off the hold amount and today home branch authorizer directly mailed me that the charges have been waived off and asked me to maintain MAB 10k which I'm pretty happy to continue.

For Closing A/c: One has to visit home branch and close it. No other way.

Hello Team,

Quick update:

Mailed support@hdfcbank.com a week before to waive off the hold amount and today home branch authorizer directly mailed me that the charges have been waived off and asked me to maintain MAB 10k which I'm pretty happy to continue.

For Closing A/c: One has to visit home branch and close it. No other way.
Btw, you can visit any branch and request for closure. It will then be routed to your home branch. That is what RM at my home branch told me.

Hello Team,

After how many days of last salary credit it was converted to Regular account?

Last edited:
Back