• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC CC declined due to absense of standing instruction

rimtesh

TF Buzz
I applied for a hdfc credit card in September, after entering my basic details like pan and mobile number i was given 3 choices to select from and i chose millenia credit card
Applied for the card and did the vkyc.
After 15 days i received a mail from hdfc saying they can't process the application due to absence of standing instruction to claim monthly credit card outstanding from my bank account. There was no requirement mentioned like this while applying,now the issue is the standing instruction form is hdfc account specific and a hdfc savings or current account is needed for the same,Unfortunately i don't have a hdfc bank account.
I wrote a mail to the redressal team asking if i can enable the standing instruction/ mandate from my netbanking/upi and they refused and said that hdfc savings account is required.
I mailed them again to ask the specific reason for which i was needed to enable standing instruction even before my card was approved, this time they say due to bank's intrernal policy a HDFC SALARY relationship is must.
Don't know what to do now, i was asked to submit the form within 45 days.
Now i am planning to open a hdfc account for easyShop Platinum debit card to earn 1% rewards on credit card payments but i am still unsure if a salary account is needed to get a credit card from hdfc, there's no chance i am shifting my salary account to hdfc for credit card.
Few Details that can be important
Job - Police (I have heard that some banks generally don't give credit cards and loans to police officers,lawyers,etc.)
My age is more than 40, still i got the choice of millenia(the maximum age limit on card page is shown as 40), called customer care before applying and they said you can apply it is shown as a option after entering date of birth
Attaching Mails Received from bank photo_2023-12-01_19-15-36.jpg photo_2023-12-01_19-29-10.jpg photo_2023-12-01_19-29-34.jpg screenshot2023December01_19-30-57.png

Just open bank account in hdfc & 2-4 month u will get pre approved offer if u maintain 3*4 x of mab .
With few debit card transaction.

Or else if u have cc with 1 lakh around limit ..
Since u r police man 😎. Just go to bank & apply c2c 😁😁

Just open bank account in hdfc & 2-4 month u will get pre approved offer if u maintain 3*4 x of mab .
With few debit card transaction.

Or else if u have cc with 1 lakh around limit ..
Since u r police man 😎. Just go to bank & apply c2c 😁😁
i do have credit cards of sbi,citi,axis and icici
Highest limit is of icici platinum (5l) followed by airtel axis(4.6l)

thinking to apply c2c idfc wealth credit card but not sure if they also have these weird and absurd policies like hdfc

I applied for a hdfc credit card in September, after entering my basic details like pan and mobile number i was given 3 choices to select from and i chose millenia credit card
Applied for the card and did the vkyc.
After 15 days i received a mail from hdfc saying they can't process the application due to absence of standing instruction to claim monthly credit card outstanding from my bank account. There was no requirement mentioned like this while applying,now the issue is the standing instruction form is hdfc account specific and a hdfc savings or current account is needed for the same,Unfortunately i don't have a hdfc bank account.
I wrote a mail to the redressal team asking if i can enable the standing instruction/ mandate from my netbanking/upi and they refused and said that hdfc savings account is required.
I mailed them again to ask the specific reason for which i was needed to enable standing instruction even before my card was approved, this time they say due to bank's intrernal policy a HDFC SALARY relationship is must.
Don't know what to do now, i was asked to submit the form within 45 days.
Now i am planning to open a hdfc account for easyShop Platinum debit card to earn 1% rewards on credit card payments but i am still unsure if a salary account is needed to get a credit card from hdfc, there's no chance i am shifting my salary account to hdfc for credit card.
Few Details that can be important
Job - Police (I have heard that some banks generally don't give credit cards and loans to police officers,lawyers,etc.)
My age is more than 40, still i got the choice of millenia(the maximum age limit on card page is shown as 40), called customer care before applying and they said you can apply it is shown as a option after entering date of birth
Attaching Mails Received from bankView attachment 36356View attachment 36357View attachment 36358View attachment 36359
How desperate are you to get HDFC CC?
What’s your purpose of this CC??

Open Savings Max Account and get Plat DC..
Give standing instructions as per their requirement.

If they give CC based on this, it’s okay.. otherwise wait for pre-approved offers..

PS: don't move your Salary account ...

Last edited:
Bro no call came from Apay .. applied half.. only Notification popping up

Since i m med student .. Neither employed nor unemployed 😂.
What should i give self employed or salaried
Bcz in icici i have given profile of salaried ?
Is 3 days passed when I said you to do this?

Did u had Icici account?
Yes

Anyways, since you have already applied, let the process go through. Maybe verification won't happen with you. Cannot do anything from your end now. Let the things play out on their own.

Just a little tip for the future: don't lie on your application again and in rounds with associates (you know what I mean) 😉😀

Yes

Anyways, since you have already applied, let the process go through. Maybe verification won't happen with you. Cannot do anything from your end now. Let the things play out on their own.

Just a little tip for the future: don't lie on your application again and in rounds with associates (you know what I mean) 😉😀
I never lied all my card were pre approved as i said . Never had applied for card ..
Since icici didn't give offer .. i applied

Back