• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC CC LTF ISSUE

doomlord

TF Premier
Hi community
I recently applied for hdfc cc through an agent, The agent called me and told it'll be LTF but when I received the card, I re confirmed with HDFC customer care, they told it'll be chargeable, now when I informed this to agent he's like take shoppersstop cc which is issued LTF by default, I told no i want this card only, so he was like , don't activate the card then, it'll get closed, I told , make it LTF as you claimed, so he was like don't activate it until i say. I've talked to hdfc cc, they told spend 30000 in 90 days to make it LTF, any suggestions what shall I do now?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-19-13-23-00-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-13-23-00-43.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_2022-12-19-13-58-15-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-19-13-58-15-26.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 164
Stay away from rent right now with HDFC. Utilities, smartbuy will definitely be considered. So you can buy amazon vouchers from smartbuy for 3 months and make it LTF.
Thanks for the information, will do that, as of now didn't activate the card.
Did you try mailing the Grievance cell?
No, can you provide the email id?
which card variant it is? as he said rightly dont activate card and keep putting pressure HDFC nothing works file complaints to RBI and they will come to your knees both agent and HDFC
It is Indian oil RuPay card. Yeah as of now I haven't activated the card , They've told to spend 30000 on retail transactions in 90 days to make it LTF , but that too it's a twitter reply, shall I believe them or shall I complain?

Hi community
I recently applied for hdfc cc through an agent, The agent called me and told it'll be LTF but when I received the card, I re confirmed with HDFC customer care, they told it'll be chargeable, now when I informed this to agent he's like take shoppersstop cc which is issued LTF by default, I told no i want this card only, so he was like , don't activate the card then, it'll get closed, I told , make it LTF as you claimed, so he was like don't activate it until i say. I've talked to hdfc cc, they told spend 30000 in 90 days to make it LTF, any suggestions what shall I do

Hi community
I recently applied for hdfc cc through an agent, The agent called me and told it'll be LTF but when I received the card, I re confirmed with HDFC customer care, they told it'll be chargeable, now when I informed this to agent he's like take shoppersstop cc which is issued LTF by default, I told no i want this card only, so he was like , don't activate the card then, it'll get closed, I told , make it LTF as you claimed, so he was like don't activate it until i say. I've talked to hdfc cc, they told spend 30000 in 90 days to make it LTF, any suggestions what shall I do now?
The same happened with me. But in my case, I got millennia credit card and I was asked to spend 50000. And brother, don't take tension, you have to spend only 30k.emi transactions are not eligible for LTF.Card deactivation will drop your credit score too.That's why it is wise that you do retail transaction of 30000. Take the help of a friend in this matter.you probably understand what i mean.😉

Update: After mailing the Grievance cell, I got a call from an HDFC person who asked what's the issue that I'm facing, i told him the problem, he connected me to the agent who told me it'll be LTF, he was like he'll contact me tomorrow again and he'll be closing the ticket which was raised through mail and he told the agent will speak to me tomorrow and will try to make the card LTF or he'll close the card. He also told it'll be difficult to make the card LTF but they'll try from their end. I don't know what shall I summarize from this .

एचएचडीएफसी बैंक सी.सी
दोस्तो

मुझे ये समझ नहीं आता कि लोगो को ये विश्वास क्यों होता है कि बैंक आपको कोई वी सर्विस फ्री में देगी हमें एचडीएफसी बैंक

मतलब सामाजिक सेवाओं के लिए यह बैंक क्या है
नहीं
दोस्तों कि अगर कोई आपको सर्विस देगा तो चार्ज करेगा
यह पक्का है

मेरे हिसाब से बीजेंट सही हैं क्योंकि वे सेल्समैन हैं

वो अपने बैंक का प्रोडक्ट sell हैं तो वो ये सब करते हैं लेकिन हमारा क्या?
डब्ल्यू can't we think that nothing is free here?

The same happened with me. But in my case, I got millennia credit card and I was asked to spend 50000. And brother, don't take tension, you have to spend only 30k.emi transactions are not eligible for LTF.Card deactivation will drop your credit score too.That's why it is wise that you do retail transaction of 30000. Take the help of a friend in this matter.you probably understand what i mean.😉
Hi can you check your dm I've replied you yesterday.
Same is happened with i also recorded his call during conversation
Even i should've done the same, didn't click in my mind that time. Let's see today they're gonna call again, hoping for the best.

I am also using same card, which was Life time free by the card itself when you spend 30000 there is no extra confirmation needed. I have done transactions worth 30000 and after that I called HDFC customer care to know more how much i need to spend to make my Card LTF and he said no need, your card is already LTF. So no need to worry

Same thing happened to me. I applied through their website showing life time free card. For my surprise letter along with credit card was showing charge!ble card. I raised the issue with HDFC customer care and through their grievance redressal dept, I cancelled my card. Be careful while applying for HDFC credit card.
We get lifetime free cards from ICICI, SBI, IDFC, standard chartered etc

Hi community
Escalate to higher level

Hi community
I think you should spend 30k within 90 days to make it LTF (if you can spend) otherwise don't active the card, you have to pay fees then.
you can also escalate the issue with bank, false promise by bank agent/employee.

Hi community
Please tell me what income docs you provided for the credit card application?

I am also using same card, which was Life time free by the card itself when you spend 30000 there is no extra confirmation needed. I have done transactions worth 30000 and after that I called HDFC customer care to know more how much i need to spend to make my Card LTF and he said no need, your card is already LTF. So no need to worry
I'm planning to do that itself, the customer care is useless, denying that they won't make it LTF other than by spending 30k.
Same thing happened to me. I applied through their website showing life time free card. For my surprise letter along with credit card was showing charge!ble card. I raised the issue with HDFC customer care and through their grievance redressal dept, I cancelled my card. Be careful while applying for HDFC credit card.
We get lifetime free cards from ICICI, SBI, IDFC, standard chartered etc
Ohh, how to make SBI simply click as LTF? My dad is having a charged one.
Escalate to higher level
They called me and made me connect to the agent itself. He was like don't use the card till i say, idk if i should follow him or spend 30k somehow. Confused...
I think you should spend 30k within 90 days to make it LTF (if you can spend) otherwise don't active the card, you have to pay fees then.
you can also escalate the issue with bank, false promise by bank agent/employee.
I'll try spending, will cancellation of the card bring down CIBIL score as pointed out above in the thread?
Please tell me what income docs you provided for the credit card application?
It was pre approved, I'm having student account with HDFC from past 4 years, so they didn't ask for income proof.

Recently faced a similar issue. My branch sales person & emails were saying 'No Strings Attached' LTF. After getting this card, they are telling me it's not!!! Can't expect such cheap tactics from HDFC.

Who told you that card deactivation will drop CIBIL? Have you ever gone through a new clause? Your CIBIL may drop if you have deactivated an activated card. In this context, card will be cancelled. Bank can't report it to CIBIL prior to activation. Kindly go through the new RBI clause.

Back