• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC credit card bill payment failed by Paytm

aadi

TF Buzz
I paid my HDFC credit card bill through Paytm wallet on 7th January and it's been 5 working days but it's still not refunded. Paytm says they have initiated the refund and in the mail it was written that it will be refunded automatically within 72 hours. But it's still not getting credited. Transaction was done from Paytm wallet only. Customer care saying we can't help. In the app there's only AI chatbot which says refund initiated. And closes the ticket. Somebody please help, what should I do. I have messaged them on Twitter as well and every time they say wait for 3-5 days whenever I message them they send the same repeated message. It's really frustrating. Even mailed to Paytm nodal officer but didn't got any reply. What options do I have ? As the amount is quite big
(20k) Somebody let me know how do I get the refund?

Quick question

Suppose if I paid alternatively after this fiasco by Paytm and receive refund after 10 days.
What to do with amount if it's big and don't want to use these fhukers again

Can we transfer back to bank account. What are the charges
Yes you can ask bank to transfer excess credit limit amount to your bank account. You need to call bank for that.

Quick question

Suppose if I paid alternatively after this fiasco by Paytm and receive refund after 10 days.
What to do with amount if it's big and don't want to use these fhukers again

Can we transfer back to bank account. What are the charges
The refund is processed to Bank account from which amount was debited unless if the payment was done via wallet.Hope this answers your query.

Request paytm to do wallet to bank transfer for 0 fee since they had failed to complete transaction.
If paytm plays around then request dispute via debitcard and/or upi.
may not be effective but these are the options we have
Refund update
Received after 4 days

Now it's not allowing more than 9k from wallet to bank.
Malpractice by Paytm. Will stop using it henceforth

Refund update
Received after 4 days

Now it's not allowing more than 9k from wallet to bank.
Malpractice by Paytm. Will stop using it henceforth
with regards to cc bill payment make sure to diversify your portfolio by using debit card (for cash back) + multiple cc bill payment apps.(instead of 1)

split the payments among the apps over multiple days & initiate payments multiple days b4 due date. (worst case scenario min. due will be fulfilled & rare chance that all of the apps will have payment failures at the same time)

Looks like prima facie ,i have seen spike in instances of payment failures & stuck with paytm offlate ,irony is their rewarding system isnt that great,Pennies received while transactions done are in lakhs.One who understands system always makes money...
Latest update ,another payment failure after success from paytm done via indus plat dc.Looks like Paytm is targetting High Value transactions and after success message,later another message comes as payment failed .Give a disclaimer payment will be refunded in 7 working days. I have had 4 transactions this way for Jan'24.

Something is fishy with Paytm. Looks like i may have to switch to alternative payment mode

I paid my HDFC credit card bill through Paytm wallet on 7th January and it's been 5 working days but it's still not refunded. Paytm says they have initiated the refund and in the mail it was written that it will be refunded automatically within 72 hours. But it's still not getting credited. Transaction was done from Paytm wallet only. Customer care saying we can't help. In the app there's only AI chatbot which says refund initiated. And closes the ticket. Somebody please help, what should I do. I have messaged them on Twitter as well and every time they say wait for 3-5 days whenever I message them they send the same repeated message. It's really frustrating. Even mailed to Paytm nodal officer but didn't got any reply. What options do I have ? As the amount is quite big
(20k) Somebody let me know how do I get the refund?
Hi ,

Did you get it back ? If yes did it come automatically or you have contacted them somehow . I am in same situation and there is no pay to contact them ..help and support is only automated chat

Thanks

Latest update ,another payment failure after success from paytm done via indus plat dc.Looks like Paytm is targetting High Value transactions and after success message,later another message comes as payment failed .Give a disclaimer payment will be refunded in 7 working days. I have had 4 transactions this way for Jan'24.

Something is fishy with Paytm. Looks like i may have to switch to alternative payment mode
RBi banned these aholes
Good step

Massive fraud was going on

Back