• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc Credit Card Not Given Limit As Per Pre-approved Limit

Sevanth P H

TF Buzz
Recently Got Pre-approved 50K credit card Offer from HDFC in my bank account.... I applied Through net banking later it got rejected saying internal policy.... Later from my home branch i received call for same offer from agent.... I applied through him.... Today it got approved but the limit provided is 10K....
But my pre-approved limit is 50K.... I don't know wt to do with this given limit 10K....
And as is know HDFC Will take long time to enhance the limit.... Should i keep this card or can i close.... Bcz I'm already having many others Bank credit card in good credit limits....
I needed HDFC Credit card but with 10K credit limit it was totally useless for me... For this only reason I'm thinking to close it because it will take longer time to enhance the limit....

Recently Got Pre-approved 50K credit card Offer from HDFC in my bank account.... I applied Through net banking later it got rejected saying internal policy.... Later from my home branch i received call for same offer from agent.... I applied through him.... Today it got approved but the limit provided is 10K....
But my pre-approved limit is 50K.... I don't know wt to do with this given limit 10K....
And as is know HDFC Will take long time to enhance the limit.... Should i keep this card or can i close.... Bcz I'm already having many others Bank credit card in good credit limits....
I needed HDFC Credit card but with 10K credit limit it was totally useless for me... For this only reason I'm thinking to close it because it will take longer time to enhance the limit....
you didn't mention what limit you have on another cc of your. i have seen tons of 50k to 1 lakhs initial limit on hdfc cc.. just 10k on 50k approved limit isn't new.. tons of bank does this it could be your cibil isn't old yet or something else. it totally your choice to keep or close it. only apply after 2 year after closing your existing cc until there is a huge income/salary gap within 2 years. or are you a student?

and title thread should be in capitalised case/sentence case not full blown up CAPITAL CASE.

you didn't mention what limit you have on another cc of your. i have seen tons of 50k to 1 lakhs initial limit on hdfc cc.. just 10k on 50k approved limit isn't new.. tons of bank does this it could be your cibil isn't old yet or something else. it totally your choice to keep or close it. only apply after 2 year after closing your existing cc until there is a huge income/salary gap within 2 years. or are you a student?
I'm a student...
Having 2 year old Ace credit card limit of 60K...
Kotak league 60k limit 6 months old..
Idfc classic 50k limit 8 months old..
Needed HDFC credit card so opened account 2 months back got pre-approved also but limit was dispointed.... Even pre-approved limit was 50k...
i need atleast 30 to 40K limit is enough for me...
Is thir any way that can i do after closing this card 3 to 6 months later ?
Or any other way to enhance the limit without closing the card ! Income proof was not thir

It is possible that you had a pre-approved limit and the application for it got rejected by the system.
The manual application through agent probably went to underwriting and hence you got a different limit.

It is possible that you had a pre-approved limit and the application for it got rejected by the system.
The manual application through agent probably went to underwriting and hence you got a different limit.
Yes may be it could be happen....
And home verification also done through the agent and i was bit confused that time for pre-approved offer home verification is required or not....
Is thir any way i can get that pre-approved limit....
If i close this card do i get pre-approved offer again in future to apply card....
Present still that offer is thir in my account 50k pre-approved.... May be after 2 or 3 days it will go because now i already got card from agent....
I just need 30k to 40k limit
Any way is thir ?

I'm a student...
Having 2 year old Ace credit card limit of 60K...
Kotak league 60k limit 6 months old..
Idfc classic 50k limit 8 months old..
Needed HDFC credit card so opened account 2 months back got pre-approved also but limit was dispointed.... Even pre-approved limit was 50k...
i need atleast 30 to 40K limit is enough for me...
Is thir any way that can i do after closing this card 3 to 6 months later ?
Or any other way to enhance the limit without closing the card ! Income proof was not thir
yeah that what i thought.. it simple bro you don't have income so between one cc and another cc need gap of 6 month-1 year... and pre-approved HDFC one not sure why it got rejected but the manual one the Agent at HDFC bank you got 10k cause of your cibil and not because of your pre-approved so you can cancel and apply after 1 year from pre-approved section in netbanking. I'm saying this cause even with imperial banking my friend applied through a agent for regalia LTF his have existing cc of amex plantium of 8.4 lakhs still hdfc denied him reglalia LTF he had Regalia FYF before. so do remember limit in hdfc is quite tricky. so keep patience is the key.

yeah that what i thought.. it simple bro you don't have income so between one cc and another cc need gap of 6 month-1 year... and pre-approved HDFC one not sure why it got rejected but the manual one the Agent at HDFC bank you got 10k cause of your cibil and not because of your pre-approved so you can cancel and apply after 1 year from pre-approved section in netbanking. I'm saying this cause even with imperial banking my friend applied through a agent for regalia LTF his have existing cc of amex plantium of 8.4 lakhs still hdfc denied him reglalia LTF he had Regalia FYF before. so do remember limit in hdfc is quite tricky. so keep patience is the key.
Thank u so much for ur reply now i understand the reason!
I will cancel this card as per now and apply through net banking after 1 year.. but last doubt was do i get pre-approved again after cancelling this card ?

Back