• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Card Rejection for My Mother Despite High Income

risingphoenix24

TF Buzz
Contributor
Posted this on reddit as well.

My mother runs a hospital as a proprietor and has a CIBIL as NA. Currently, she doesn’t have any credit cards or loans. I recently applied for an HDFC Millennia card on her behalf, using her ITR records [offline through my RM], ITR shows an income of over 20 L. However, the application was rejected without any reason provided in the email.

Currently she has bank acccounts in SBI, BOB AND CENTRAL BANK.

BOB RM called last month regarding some pre approved card, should I take that?

Some people have suggested to take the BOB card so will be visiting the bank tomorrow.

What should be my next steps? Any advice or recommendations for any other cards would be greatly appreciated!

I could have got her millenia as a addon to my card but its already issued to my wife.

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-22 at 8.10.02 PM.webp

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-22 at 8.44.11 PM.webp

Millennia credit card is by name issued to Millennials and younger people ,less than 40 age (it is clearly written in the eligibility). You said you were married. So you have to be minimum 21 years to be legally married in India . In that case she had you when she was 19 . If any of this doesn't makes sense or offends you please I am already sorry because either your mom has had a very hard life or you didn't even read the eligibility before applying .

Reactions: tam
Millennia credit card is by name issued to Millennials and younger people ,less than 40 age (it is clearly written in the eligibility). You said you were married. So you have to be minimum 21 years to be legally married in India . In that case she had you when she was 19 . If any of this doesn't makes sense or offends you please I am already sorry because either your mom has had a very hard life or you didn't even read the eligibility before applying .

Thank you for the clarification—your response was a bit harsh, but I appreciate it lesson learnt. Just to clarify, I’m 33 years old, and my mother didn’t have a hard life thankfully.
I didn’t realize the Millennia card had age guidelines, and I’ll admit that I didn’t double check this with my RM, so that’s on me and my RM.
Now that the Millennia card is off the table, could you suggest any other credit cards that might be suitable [SBI cashback was also rejected], given that her CIBIL score is currently NA? If no cards can be issued, what’s the best way to start building a credit history?
@SunnyM

Take Money Back Plus Card Later Upgrade To Millennia Or Higher Variant
Thank you for the clarification—your response was a bit harsh, but I appreciate it lesson learnt. Just to clarify, I’m 33 years old, and my mother didn’t have a hard life thankfully.
I didn’t realize the Millennia card had age guidelines, and I’ll admit that I didn’t double check this with my RM, so that’s on me and my RM.
Now that the Millennia card is off the table, could you suggest any other credit cards that might be suitable [SBI cashback was also rejected], given that her CIBIL score is currently NA? If no cards can be issued, what’s the best way to start building a credit history?
@SunnyM

@SunnyM
It is advisable to take Pre-approved cards for parents who don’t have a credit history.. once the history is built then based on ITR most banks will approve the cards.. credit cards pre-approved for savings accounts are a good option to start with..

Will an Add on card build Credit History? I think no.
Open a savings account in HDFC, maintain good balance nd transactions and wait for pre-approved CC offer.
Also, you can easily get a FD backed credit card from ICICI over internet banking / single Branch Visit.

It might be on paper but my mom is 47 yrs old and she got the card approved in January. She initially got diners variant then I got it flipped into Visa.

It might be on paper but my mom is 47 yrs old and she got the card approved in January. She initially got diners variant then I got it flipped into Visa.
Applied offline via CC agent C2C that could be the case why it was approved not sure but just telling.

Open a savings account in HDFC, maintain good balance nd transactions and wait for pre-approved CC offer.
Also, you can easily get a FD backed credit card from ICICI over internet banking / single Branch Visit.
Add on will not build any credit history.. only useful for parents who do not want their own card and happy with the convenience of an add-on.. and also for cards that offer unlimited lounge access to add-on cards as well..

Any reason why you want only HDFC cards? Axis is fairly lenient in giving pre approved offers once you open an account. Offers start coming in 2 month of opening an account

Any reason why you want only HDFC cards? Axis is fairly lenient in giving pre approved offers once you open an account. Offers start coming in 2 month of opening an account
I opened a priority acct for my brother he's not getting the card approved age 18. I've seen users getting card at.18/19yrs.. so it totally depends on case to case.

Take Money Back Plus Card Later Upgrade To Millennia Or Higher Variant
will it be possible with NA Cibil?
It is advisable to take Pre-approved cards for parents who don’t have a credit history.. once the history is built then based on ITR most banks will approve the cards.. credit cards pre-approved for savings accounts are a good option to start with..
have called BOB RM he said premier is pre approved with a limit of 2 L should I take this?
any chance she had a credit score ?
I am okay with airtel axis as well but that was also rejected [cant apply before 10 sep on airtel app again]
plus axis wont take any offline form or anything like HDFC takes so I am kinda stuck with Axis
also last night flipkart axis card was approved and will be dispatched soon as stated in mail
she wont open any accounts for now already have fd locked for 5 yrs term in BOB so wont be shifting that before that

Guys, BOB is offering a Premier CC with a ₹2L limit, according to the RM.
Also, last night, my Flipkart Axis card got approved and is in dispatch status.

Should I go ahead with just the Flipkart Axis card, or should I consider taking the BOB card as well?

photo_2024-08-23 10.30.09.webp

will it be possible with NA Cibil?

have called BOB RM he said premier is pre approved with a limit of 2 L should I take this?

any chance she had a credit score ?

I am okay with airtel axis as well but that was also rejected [cant apply before 10 sep on airtel app again]
plus axis wont take any offline form or anything like HDFC takes so I am kinda stuck with Axis
also last night flipkart axis card was approved and will be dispatched soon as stated in mail

she wont open any accounts for now already have fd locked for 5 yrs term in BOB so wont be shifting that before that

Guys, BOB is offering a Premier CC with a ₹2L limit, according to the RM.
Also, last night, my Flipkart Axis card got approved and is in dispatch status.

Should I go ahead with just the Flipkart Axis card, or should I consider taking the BOB card as well?

View attachment 65953
Take any card now to build a credit history. Later you can apply for other cards that suit you. The flipkart one is approved. May as well keep it. As others said, the best way to get a card from hdfc is to open an account and wait for preapproved offers. The flipkart one is a paid card but essentially first year free because of the 500 flipkart voucher. Is the bob card ltf or paid?

If LTF then take....
not LTF
Take any card now to build a credit history. Later you can apply for other cards that suit you. The flipkart one is approved. May as well keep it. As others said, the best way to get a card from hdfc is to open an account and wait for preapproved offers. The flipkart one is a paid card but essentially first year free because of the 500 flipkart voucher. Is the bob card ltf or paid?
bob is not LTF

Back