• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Card Rejection for My Mother Despite High Income

It is advisable to take Pre-approved cards for parents who don’t have a credit history.. once the history is built then based on ITR most banks will approve the cards.. credit cards pre-approved for savings accounts are a good option to start with..
Agreed .
will it be possible with NA Cibil?

have called BOB RM he said premier is pre approved with a limit of 2 L should I take this?

any chance she had a credit score ?

I am okay with airtel axis as well but that was also rejected [cant apply before 10 sep on airtel app again]
plus axis wont take any offline form or anything like HDFC takes so I am kinda stuck with Axis
also last night flipkart axis card was approved and will be dispatched soon as stated in mail

she wont open any accounts for now already have fd locked for 5 yrs term in BOB so wont be shifting that before that

Guys, BOB is offering a Premier CC with a ₹2L limit, according to the RM.
Also, last night, my Flipkart Axis card got approved and is in dispatch status.

Should I go ahead with just the Flipkart Axis card, or should I consider taking the BOB card as well?

View attachment 65953
If It's LTF Take It
2L Is Good Limit

will it be possible with NA Cibil?

have called BOB RM he said premier is pre approved with a limit of 2 L should I take this?

any chance she had a credit score ?

I am okay with airtel axis as well but that was also rejected [cant apply before 10 sep on airtel app again]
plus axis wont take any offline form or anything like HDFC takes so I am kinda stuck with Axis
also last night flipkart axis card was approved and will be dispatched soon as stated in mail

she wont open any accounts for now already have fd locked for 5 yrs term in BOB so wont be shifting that before that

Guys, BOB is offering a Premier CC with a ₹2L limit, according to the RM.
Also, last night, my Flipkart Axis card got approved and is in dispatch status.

Should I go ahead with just the Flipkart Axis card, or should I consider taking the BOB card as well?

View attachment 65953
Since the bob card isn’t LTF better to stick with the axis Flipkart card for now.. this card will anyways open the door for 2 more Axis cards which will come pre-approved thru the app..

Posted this on reddit as well.

My mother runs a hospital as a proprietor and has a CIBIL as NA. Currently, she doesn’t have any credit cards or loans. I recently applied for an HDFC Millennia card on her behalf, using her ITR records [offline through my RM], ITR shows an income of over 20 L. However, the application was rejected without any reason provided in the email.

Currently she has bank acccounts in SBI, BOB AND CENTRAL BANK.

BOB RM called last month regarding some pre approved card, should I take that?

Some people have suggested to take the BOB card so will be visiting the bank tomorrow.

What should be my next steps? Any advice or recommendations for any other cards would be greatly appreciated!

I could have got her millenia as a addon to my card but its already issued to my wife.

View attachment 65904

View attachment 65905
Apply sbi & get Bob pre approved one

After 6 month apply other cards

Take Axis FK. It is good card for FK purchases plus 1% no nonsense offline cashback.
Take BoB Premier card also, within a few months you might get LTF offer of BoB SD or BoB Energie card. Then take that as well and close BoB Premier before renewal date.

I recently applied for an HDFC Millennia card on her behalf, using her ITR records [offline through my RM], ITR shows an income of over 20 L
it was your RM's mistake as well (he should have suggested the age limit)

If you want HDFC card on her name, try for Swiggy (ITR > Rs 6 Lakhs per annum) or Regalia Gold (ITR > Rs 12 Lakhs per annum), and ask your RM to get that card as LTF for their mistake.

it was your RM's mistake as well (he should have suggested the age limit)

If you want HDFC card on her name, try for Swiggy (ITR > Rs 6 Lakhs per annum) or Regalia Gold (ITR > Rs 12 Lakhs per annum), and ask your RM to get that card as LTF for their mistake.
they wont approve na as she has no credit history , anyways the flipkart card just got dispatched will use it for 6 months and try to create a credit history
Take Axis FK. It is good card for FK purchases plus 1% no nonsense offline cashback.
Take BoB Premier card also, within a few months you might get LTF offer of BoB SD or BoB Energie card. Then take that as well and close BoB Premier before renewal date.
took axis dispatched today, have talked to bob bm to make it LTF as I have a good relation with bank
Apply sbi & get Bob pre approved one

After 6 month apply other cards
got fk axis, sbi ones reject my application as soon as I click submit they dont even give me a application number Lol
Since the bob card isn’t LTF better to stick with the axis Flipkart card for now.. this card will anyways open the door for 2 more Axis cards which will come pre-approved thru the app..
yes it got dispatched today
Agreed .

If It's LTF Take It
2L Is Good Limit
Its not LTF but have asked BM to look into it

they wont approve na as she has no credit history , anyways the flipkart card just got dispatched will use it for 6 months and try to create a credit history
I don't think having no credit history would cause cancellation of application if you have contacts in bank who can take approvals (like your RM/BM)

Your mom's ITR shows 20L while the ITR requirement is >6L for Swiggy (3 times), so you can try reaching out to your BM, saying that there were lapses in RM's knowledge regarding bank product. Then request them to take prior approvals for LTF Swiggy and apply via ITR route. I think you will get the card this way (thoda haath pair maarne padenge bas).

Back