• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Card - when bill paid is before the bill date, and more than the total bill generated?

AsB

TF Legend
My HDFC Credit card offers me Rs 1500 voucher if I spend Rs 50k per quarter.
So,

• if I pay the bill before the bill generation date, will that count towards the spend based?

Also, I see that the total credit limit available is never above the available credit limit given by the bank. So,
  • if I pay more than the bill amount, will that money be lost, or will it be adjusted in some way?

So,

• if I pay the bill before the bill generation date, will that count towards the spend based?

Also, I see that the total credit limit available is never above the available credit limit given by the bank. So,
  • if I pay more than the bill amount, will that money be lost, or will it be adjusted in some way?
Yes
Yes - current outstanding will show negative balance

Reactions: AsB
So,

yes, spend based milestones, and not statement/bill based.

money shouldn't be lost. you have 1 lac limit and you pay 10 more than total outstanding, then total outstanding will show either (-10) or (10 [CR]). and total available credit limit will show 1,00,010

Back