• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak credit card full bill generated before EMI creation!

romilq

TF Ace

So I bought an item from Samsung on 23rd on EMI for 95k and my billing date is 25th of every month. Today I can see bill generated for full amount of 95k since EMI creation will take 2-3 days more. What am I supposed to do now ?​

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

So I bought an item from Samsung on 23rd on EMI for 95k and my billing date is 25th of every month. Today I can see bill generated for full amount of 95k since EMI creation will take 2-3 days more. What am I supposed to do now ?​

Pay minimum amount and hopefully it will be adjusted with the next statement. You can also confirm the same with customer care.

romilq

TF Ace
Then continue with EMI since interest will be received as cashback.

No guarantee after cancellation you will receive it or not.

Since Bill is generated Pay the Minimum Amount Due and talk to customer Care too about this situation when Txn is actually Converted in EMI
Hmm. I have heard of people doing this in HDFC and ICICI. Recently they fixed this loophole too if I am not wrong. Vaise I have done EMI with ICICI and HDFC too in the last few months. But never canceled for additional benefit. Yaha to Chortak ki baat hai. Saala 12k waala instant discount bhi cancel kar diya to mehenga pad sakta hai.

0xfallup

TF Ace
Hmm. I have heard of people doing this in HDFC and ICICI. Recently they fixed this loophole too if I am not wrong. Vaise I have done EMI with ICICI and HDFC too in the last few months. But never canceled for additional benefit. Yaha to Chortak ki baat hai. Saala 12k waala instant discount bhi cancel kar diya to mehenga pad sakta hai.
bro when pro's say something , just trust it and don't question :)

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
kya galat hoga isme , ncemi cancel honi hai @VISHESH_BANSAL ne 2-3 days phle kiya hai and he verified ... cc use karte ho aur ncemi cancel nhi kar sakte toh ___ :(
not saying ki galat hi hoga but. ager wo khud nahi kerna chahta toh . itna confidence nahi dena chahiea. chalte chalte logo ko kuch bhi ho jaata hai. isme to bahut saari possibilities hain galat hone ki.

Strange

TF Legend
Then continue with EMI since interest will be received as cashback.

No guarantee after cancellation you will receive it or not.

Since Bill is generated Pay the Minimum Amount Due and talk to customer Care too about this situation when Txn is actually Converted in EMI
Kotak emi cancellation is free? Do they reverse all charges including gst?

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
As far as I know, total amount will be credited back and then debited again for emi conversion. So, your bill amount should come down when that happens. Outstanding amount will include this amount as well along with other transactions. But bill will get generated with EMIs. Correct me if I am wrong.

romilq

TF Ace
As far as I know, total amount will be credited back and then debited again for emi conversion. So, your bill amount should come down when that happens. Outstanding amount will include this amount as well along with other transactions. But bill will get generated with EMIs. Correct me if I am wrong.
Let’s see. Right now it shows full bill generated. When EMI conversion happens in next few days I will contact them.