• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Credit Limit Enhancement - Input Needed

How did you get CL Enhancement on your current HDFC Credit Card?

• Total voters
I have normal use sometimes more, sometimes less but they give me limit enhancement every 1-2 years. They normally increase it by 20%

Reactions: SSV
Looking for Inputs on how HDFC tackles CL trigger
By hardly using your card at all. [Yes.] From among all the options available, this is – in my opinion – by far the most reliable one.

Non-usage of the card [= almost no use at all] provokes HDFC to believe that you’ve perhaps forgotten that you hold a HDFC CC to begin with; in which case, they ignore you, and forget you as well.

But if you use their CC regularly, but for very meagre amounts, they tend to believe that
(i) you use CCs regularly;​
(ii) you use your HDFC CC regularly as well;​
and hence, would probably keep using it more – and for heavier amounts – if some more incentives are given. Which is why they then trigger a limit enhancement.

I will tell my case. Got DCBM card in Feb with 5L limit. I did spend good amounts on it. Most of the times, paid large part before bill generation. Sometime bill was in negative. Sometime bill was few thousands.
In June, I got a significant Auto LE around 50-60%. Kept spending as usual. Had few large spendings in last 2 months.
Last week, asked them Manual LE. They denied. But Today again I got Auto LE of around 10%.

By hardly using your card at all. [Yes.] From among all the options available, this is – in my opinion – by far the most reliable one.

Non-usage of the card [= almost no use at all] provokes HDFC to believe that you’ve perhaps forgotten that you hold a HDFC CC to begin with; in which case, they ignore you, and forget you as well.

But if you use their CC regularly, but for very meagre amounts, they tend to believe that
(i) you use CCs regularly;​
(ii) you use your HDFC CC regularly as well;​
and hence, would probably keep using it more – and for heavier amounts – if some more incentives are given. Which is why they then trigger a limit enhancement.

I similarly got LE!
I used it for very nominal expenses and they automatically gave LE after, unlike when I used it as the main card earlier.

Back