• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Diners Black Metal Card LFT

Can someone point me to benifits of upgrading to Black Metal FYF?

Is 10k + GST fee worth it or should we choose Axis Atlas over it?

Thanks
Atlas is far superior.
4% on everything (7 category exclusions) and 10% on direct hotels online and offline, direct flights online and offline

Atlas is far superior.
4% on everything (7 category exclusions) and 10% on direct hotels online and offline, direct flights online and offline
IMO, Atlas is not superior. Yes it gives 4% on everything but DCBM also gives 3.33% on almost everything with less exclusions.
Axis is not reliable.
To be able to get best benefits out of Atlas, one must be good in the miles game. Whereas the DCB provodes simpler redemption option.
Safest transfer partner is Accor, but they don't have great property availability in India as compared to Europe. For Europe accor is definitely best.
DCBM gives 16.5% and 33% on flights and stays respectively.

IMO, Atlas is not superior. Yes it gives 4% on everything but DCBM also gives 3.33% on almost everything with less exclusions.
Axis is not reliable.
To be able to get best benefits out of Atlas, one must be good in the miles game. Whereas the DCB provodes simpler redemption option.
Safest transfer partner is Accor, but they don't have great property availability in India as compared to Europe. For Europe accor is definitely best.
If you think DCB is so great, then what about Infinia ?

Axis is not reliable.
I, for one, never ever book flights on OTAs thanks to lessons learned. Always book with the airline directly. When things go south, as they often do, airlines always prioritise pax who booked with them directly. And when it comes to rebooking, rescheduling etc. you can deal with the airline directly instead of fumbling with the travel agent or utterly useless OTA helplines from foreign lands.

I, for one, never ever book flights on OTAs thanks to lessons learned. Always book with the airline directly. When things go south, as they often do, airlines always prioritise pax who booked with them directly. And when it comes to rebooking, rescheduling etc. you can deal with the airline directly instead of fumbling with the travel agent or utterly useless OTA helplines from foreign lands.
While i myself rarely book flights with airline over OTA, i do agree that customer service and support is so much better with direct airline
And yes when unfortunate events happen, particularly abroad, airline booking are much better then OTAs to resolve them

If you think DCB is so great, then what about Infinia ?
I don't think it's great. Great was the OG Magnus.
I think DCB and Atlas offer very similar value back for most users. Atlas is best for people who know miles game and DCB is plain simple.
Infinia definately offers better rewards along with better redemption options(Tanishq).

Back