• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC FD Based Card to Unsecured one

Hdfc won't allow it

But you can do so for partial secured fd cards
What does partial secured FD Card mean ? I'm trying to do monthly spends of about 10% of the limit on the card for 6-12 months and then ask them to convert it to unsecured one so that the lien gets removed. Is it even possible ? This would be the first ever card and pretty much the only HDFC Credit card I'll use

What does partial secured FD Card mean ? I'm trying to do monthly spends of about 10% of the limit on the card for 6-12 months and then ask them to convert it to unsecured one so that the lien gets removed. Is it even possible ? This would be the first ever card and pretty much the only HDFC Credit card I'll use
I think by partial secured it means that a limit increase was offered on the secured card by the bank

Hdfc partial secured card means

Suppose you got mb+ card with 90k, you want upgrade to millennia which need 1 lakh on existing

By fd lien with 10k+, you can increase the limit.

After 8 months+ you can request to convert ... can remove lien.

Note: this tip not applicable all the time and for all the cards.

Hi, Has anyone been able to convert their FD Based Credit Card to an unsecured one after using it for a while ?
Get onecard, indus, rbl .... fd card with atleast 25k limit

After 6 months, get hdfc ac and fund and do transactions... you will get unsecured pre-approved credit card offer

Just pincode need to be serviceable, no income proof.

Hdfc partial secured card means

Suppose you got mb+ card with 90k, you want upgrade to millennia which need 1 lakh on existing

By fd lien with 10k+, you can increase the limit.

After 8 months+ you can request to convert ... can remove lien.

Note: this tip not applicable all the time and for all the cards.
I got millennia cc upgrade from moneyback plus cc and my limit is 80k(less than 1lakh).

Get onecard, indus, rbl .... fd card with atleast 25k limit

After 6 months, get hdfc ac and fund and do transactions... you will get unsecured pre-approved credit card offer

Just pincode need to be serviceable, no income proof.
pincode should be serviceable for hdfc acc also to get pre-approved offer?
I opened in a non serviceable area.

That's new info. When I asked, they didn't permit. Which card did you have as secured and which email id gave you the conversion
grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

My millennia card application rejected early because my sbi education loan having written off status ( even though i settled the loan with reliance arc ) . So i applied the millennia card against my 1.5L FD, they gave 1.2L limit July 2023 ,
On dec 2023 i created salary account with them and requested to convert my secured card to unsecured ( but before the salary gets credited) , they accepted the request and removed the lien from FD and kept the same limit .
But so far I haven't received any limit enhancement offers , i will see untill this year end . If I don't get offers then I will close the card and apply new fresh card after few months . I doubt they might messed up while converting secured to unsecured.

grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

My millennia card application rejected early because my sbi education loan having written off status ( even though i settled the loan with reliance arc ) . So i applied the millennia card against my 1.5L FD, they gave 1.2L limit July 2023 ,
On dec 2023 i created salary account with them and requested to convert my secured card to unsecured ( but before the salary gets credited) , they accepted the request and removed the lien from FD and kept the same limit .
But so far I haven't received any limit enhancement offers , i will see untill this year end . If I don't get offers then I will close the card and apply new fresh card after few months . I doubt they might messed up while converting secured to unsecured.
Thanks for the detailed info.

Back