• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Floating Card Enquiry

Hello everyone I am Surojit Ghosh. I joined TF community few months ago, so far this is my 1st post i think. I need help related to a credit enquiry related to HDFC bank.
So the matter is I've got HDFC moneyback+ in December with 50k limit by a pre-approved offer without any income docs.
Earlier I had Federal Bank Signet and IDFC wow both against my Fixed deposit. This is the first unsecured card I've got. So i took the card. My Moneyback+ is on MasterCard Network and so far i am using IDFC Digital Rupay for my upi spends. Few days ago I visited branch for some work and branch employee offered me if you need rupay card. But the new card ( Tata Neu Classic Rupay Varient) will be in shared limit with my Moneyback+. So I completed my application and i asked the employee, "Koi Cibil enquiry nahi hoga na?" And he replied ''No koi cibil enquiry nahi hoga".

After 1 day an employee called me for verification then later that day i got the msg with reference no. Then my application declined 😐. My reaction 😦 who the hell decline application for floating card. I contacted branch they the manager said- " Aayein Baigan" no no just kidding 😂 he said '' ye toh nahi hona tha''. After few days i checked my cibil report and found that two new credit enquiry happened 😦. I told that to BM he said kuch din bat ye apne aap remove ho jayga. 😐😐
One of HDFC employee confirmed me that no credit enquires happens for a floating card/shared limit card.

Now what should i do to remove this hard enquiries?
And the most important thing that who enquires for a single floating credit card application!!! Even twice for a single application!! My BM didn't help me regarding this. So should I let it go? Or take further action?

Attachments

• IMG_20240126_115847.jpg
    IMG_20240126_115847.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Solution
Hello everyone I am Surojit Ghosh. I joined TF community few months ago, so far this is my 1st post i think. I need help related to a credit enquiry related to HDFC bank.
So the matter is I've got HDFC moneyback+ in December with 50k limit by a pre-approved offer without any income docs.
Earlier I had Federal Bank Signet and IDFC wow both against my Fixed deposit. This is the first unsecured card I've got. So i took the card. My Moneyback+ is on MasterCard Network and so far i am using IDFC Digital Rupay for my upi spends. Few days ago I visited branch for some work and branch employee offered me if you need rupay card. But the new card ( Tata Neu Classic Rupay Varient) will be in shared limit with my Moneyback+. So I completed my...

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. HDFC does cibil enquiry for Floater cards if applied offline or not from app itself (if not pre-approved).
2. These inquiries won't go away by themselves.
3. You can email HDFC customer care team to remove unnecessary enquiries. There should be a single enquiry for the application.
4. Email the HDFC grievance team. Try asking the reason for declining and reconsider the application.

Mark my post as an answer if this helps.

Last edited:

D₹V

TF Prestige
Earlier I had Federal Bank Signet and IDFC wow both against my Fixed deposit. This is the first unsecured card I've got. So i took the card. My Moneyback+ is on MasterCard Network and so far i am using IDFC Digital Rupay for my upi spends. Few days ago I visited branch for some work and branch employee offered me if you need rupay card. But the new card ( Tata Neu Classic Rupay Varient) will be in shared limit with my Moneyback+. So I completed my application and i asked the employee, "Koi Cibil enquiry nahi hoga na?" And he replied ''No koi cibil enquiry nahi hoga".

After 1 day an employee called me for verification then later that day i got the msg with reference no. Then my application declined 😐. My reaction 😦 who the hell decline application for floating card. I contacted branch they the manager said- " Aayein Baigan" no no just kidding 😂 he said '' ye toh nahi hona tha''. After few days i checked my cibil report and found that two new credit enquiry happened 😦. I told that to BM he said kuch din bat ye apne aap remove ho jayga. 😐😐
One of HDFC employee confirmed me that no credit enquires happens for a floating card/shared limit card.

Now what should i do to remove this hard enquiries?
And the most important thing that who enquires for a single floating credit card application!!! Even twice for a single application!! My BM didn't help me regarding this. So should I let it go? Or take further action?
Watching TF for few months & still 🤣 made mistake.

grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

Email here, ask for removal of extra enquiries & reconsider the application.

Will be approved.

FYI: the correct method to apply this card is via Tata Neu app. And only pre-approved cards doesn't hit CIBIL i.e. virtual RuPay or card applied via pre approved page from net banking. However Tata Neu app will hit CIBIL.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.

Last edited:
Solution