• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Imperia holders please share your experience

saucy

TF Ace
How can one upgrade to imperia?

Are there any hard AMB restrictions?
(As per my understanding, there are no restrictions on classic and preferred account types)

Were any special privileges offered?

Do linked Family accounts also become imperia accounts?

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How can one upgrade to imperia?

(As per my understanding, there are no restrictions on classic and preferred account types)

Were any special privileges offered?

Do linked Family accounts also become imperia accounts?
Hi..I recently upgraded to Imperia from preferred. And yes all family accounts also gets upgraded.
Method - Check your preferred RM...Ask him to upgrade. If the relationship is good and old , this should be a smooth process.
AMB - I am not maintaining any significant amount. Its an old account ( 15 years).
RM is the key ...he/she can manage everything.
just try and ask for it :)

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi..I recently upgraded to Imperia from preferred. And yes all family accounts also gets upgraded.
Method - Check your preferred RM...Ask him to upgrade. If the relationship is good and old , this should be a smooth process.
AMB - I am not maintaining any significant amount. Its an old account ( 15 years).
RM is the key ...he/she can manage everything.
just try and ask for it :)
Special Privileges - Mostly same as preferred ( only text like Premium card , dedicated RM etc). Locker is free ( 50% in Preferred).

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
MAB is 10L in Savings account jointly. OR
30L in Savings/FD etc. combined.
Even preferred has MAB requirement of 2L. I don't know where you read.
Btw as nisshant mentioned, sometimes RM can push things up but it doesn't happens with everyone.
Free locker is the only thing Imperia has over Preferred where you are charged 50% of locker price. Thats it. Rest no other special benefits. So if you have it or preferred... doesn't matter much...

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
MAB is 10L in Savings account jointly. OR
30L in Savings/FD etc. combined.

Even preferred has MAB requirement of 2L. I don't know where you read.
Btw as nisshant mentioned, sometimes RM can push things up but it doesn't happens with everyone.
Free locker is the only thing Imperia has over Preferred where you are charged 50% of locker price. Thats it. Rest no other special benefits. So if you have it or preferred... doesn't matter much...
True.. It mostly depends on RM. Else the MAB requirements are like this only.
@saucy What is your RM saying?

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
RM's the most useless person ever. Everytime I call him, he's in a meeting.
Think I'll have to change my branch
There is a supervisor also ...above RM... contact him/her. In newsletter preferred speak. Or through emails..sometimes they share the details of them. Most of the time it's branch manager. Try it.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There is a supervisor also ...above RM... contact him/her. In newsletter preferred speak. Or through emails..sometimes they share the details of them. Most of the time it's branch manager. Try it.
Also..I got to know from my RM.. there is a competition within hdfc branches also. Their targets includes age and value of accounts. Shifting account could be a great negotiation tool in your hand. All the best.

saucy

TF Ace
Also..I got to know from my RM.. there is a competition within hdfc branches also. Their targets includes age and value of accounts. Shifting account could be a great negotiation tool in your hand. All the best.
Thanks a lot for your insights @nisshant 🙏🙏
Changing branch might infact be what i need to do anyway sinde I've moved cities.
Will update you if i make any fruitful progress

arko

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If I open an imperia account with 10 lakh and later only keep 1 lakh amb .will i be downgraded? any ideas. hdfc deputy manager is saying once imperia is open it wouldnt be downgraded.I need for free locker.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If I open an imperia account with 10 lakh and later only keep 1 lakh amb .will i be downgraded? any ideas. hdfc deputy manager is saying once imperia is open it wouldnt be downgraded.I need for free locker.
My experience...I upgraded from classic( salary account) to preferred (non-salary) and then imperia(non-salary). Never downgraded. I got emails earlier that " a few conditions for preferred are not being met, kindly take action to keep enjoying the world class privileges" but I asked my RM to take care of that.
So upgrade....keep good relations with your RM ...and enjoy

Last edited:

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just got upgraded to imperia via net banking offer. Didn't maintain any MAB. not a salary account. No contact with RM.

No expected benefit from imperia, since I don't want a locker in HDFC.

Sharing it here for others.

AZ7

TF Buzz
I have my family added in my Imperia account, expected benefit is that my sister might get better credit card if she is added to my imperia account. She would be taking her first credit card and having her added in my imperia account might give her access to a better card.

Also, I avail their locker facility which is free for imperia accounts

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have my family added in my Imperia account, expected benefit is that my sister might get better credit card if she is added to my imperia account. She would be taking her first credit card and having her added in my imperia account might give her access to a better card.

Also, I avail their locker facility which is free for imperia accounts
Please do share updates on the credit card for sister. Which card was offered, limit etc.

I expect nothing from HDFC after too many disappointments, and so I'm curious if they value imperia customers.

AZ7

TF Buzz
Please do share updates on the credit card for sister. Which card was offered, limit etc.

I expect nothing from HDFC after too many disappointments, and so I'm curious if they value imperia customers.

Can you also share your experience with HDFC especially the disappointments. I have been a 11+ year consumer of HDFC bank and my biggest gripe is their tech and platforms which I believe they are improving but they are really bad in getting the awareness out. Apart from that, locker is free (we used to pay 50% for 2 years and then got upgraded to free). Only issue was availability so we got locker in a totally separate branch which we don't mind that much.

Also, we had to really fight to get 2 Infinias in the household. I was denied Infinia card stating that my spouse already holds one (his Diners Black was upgraded to Infinia) hence issuing another infinia is not possible. Time period between when I applied vs when he got approved was 1-2months. I called their bullshit since my salary was higher and spouse's card was issued salary based.

My RM asked me to write a mail to get it passed which I did and I was issued an Infinia as well. Current RM and his supervisor is good.

They will push a lot of products, but we have never bought apart from this year as we were trying to diversify.

Since we hold 2 infinia's + free locker, we are ok with the value we are deriving from this banking relationship. Point to be noted, banks will also divert attention towards you if they can also derive some benefit out of the relationship. They are a business afterall

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This was a problem I faced as well. The bank would not offer Infinia even thought the salary criteria was satisfied. Prior to that, another issue was increasing credit limit on my DCB. I never got the increase via RM, no matter how much I tried.

I'll elaborate that I tried different HDFC branches, both my home branch in Bangalore and another one in my hometown. No luck with that. I got a limit increase only after I met TF community and learned their methods.

So, all in all, not a happy customer of HDFC. But yes, it is still better than some other banks.

makman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
RMs won't get you any Infinia/DCB by lowering criteria even if Imperia. Criteria fulfilling (salary/CL/spends) is the only way. Don't go for Imperia with that hope