• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Infinia Credit Card is Decline

codermj

TF Buzz
I applied for HDFC CC upgrade from DCB to Infinia offline a month back after discussion with my RM. After 2 weeks, she told that everything is approved and it will be reaching me within a week, however, there had been no message/emails until 2 days back when I received a message:
"Your HDFC Bank Credit Card application No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX has been processed. Track status after 2 days here " with a link.

However when I logged into the link, it says "Card is DECLINE". There are no mails/or other communications.
I checked with my RM and she told that it can't be a DECLINE as everything was approved and she had no clue why it is disapproved.

What should I do? Can anyone recommend?

Exactly same thing happened to me. All eligibility criterias were met. RM was confident about Infinia approval. But again i got the same text- and upon tracking status- it showed decline. No.other communication from bank. Even RM was surprised to know. He has now mailed and trying for reassessment/reopening the file.

@Bhavneet94 When did you apply for the card and do you know how long it will take? Because in my case, it took like 5 weeks to get that message, and then 1 week to get a DECLINE without a reason and still no clarity on whether it will get through or not.

I asked my RM; she had no clue why it is shown as DECLINE. She told she will follow up but I have less hopes now. Even getting 1-2 changes takes a month without updates (Many tier 2-3 banks would give you a card or at least updates within a day or 2). She rather started insisting me on taking a ULIP which I categorically refused.

Have u received an approve message or it was only based on what RM told you?
I asked my RM; she had no clue why it is shown as DECLINE. She told she will follow up but I have less hopes now. Even getting 1-2 changes takes a month without updates (Many tier 2-3 banks would give you a card or at least updates within a day or 2). She rather started insisting me on taking a ULIP which I categorically refused.

I had a discussion with RM on the same lines. She told that at her end it is in-progress(while I see the status to be DECLINE) and she will try to get it quickly.
Its been almost 5 weeks and I have no clue what to do and how long to wait.

Can someone recommend any other VISA or Mastercard backed CC which are good? I am using DCB as of now but its not accepted at many places; especially tier 2 cities.

Reactions: SSV
@codermj if your RM has taken approval then it might not be approved.. You RM -> Manger should take approval and once approved you should send form to chennai (mandatory)
Also, discussed with RM on the same lines, She told that she had taken the approval of Manager, Branch Manager, and Regional manager and then she sent the same to Chennai. Doubt if anything more could have been done unless she is lying.

HDFC systems are weird, I've gotten cards while the status shown as declined. Infinia for myself and RG LTF for my father. When I asked, I was told to just ignore it. They even create a random card number with useless limit, then cancel it before issuing the final card that gets delivered and is proper limit and details, no idea what they do behind the scene but it's possible the approval is in process, just monitor cards section in their app. If you still don't get any update, then check with PNO if RM is unable to get the update.

Update: I tried to reach out to my RM and she told that the card was indeed rejected because the CL was equal to 6.5L while Infinia asks for 8L minimum. However, I tried to push and the RM told that she got some approval and will be delivered within a week. (I don't believe her now unless it actually comes)

Does anyone know if there is a way to expedite the process?

Update: I tried to reach out to my RM and she told that the card was indeed rejected because the CL was equal to 6.5L while Infinia asks for 8L minimum. However, I tried to push and the RM told that she got some approval and will be delivered within a week. (I don't believe her now unless it actually comes)

Does anyone know if there is a way to expedite the process?
RM is fooling you :) for approval you don't need any limit
You need escalate to her boss

Not sure
For now, she told that it will take 5 days for the CC to be generated and I'll have it in the net banking. Will wait for a week and if not, will escalate it.

In my case, there is no update. Its been 2 weeks. The RM says its in the process and it will take time.
Roughly took 2 months starting from 8th July to 6th Sept and still awaiting the card/confirmation if any.

FYI, the status on the app is always either "DECLINE" or "No records Found"

In my case, there is no update. Its been 2 weeks. The RM says its in the process and it will take time.
Roughly took 2 months starting from 8th July to 6th Sept and still awaiting the card/confirmation if any.

Same for me

Your RM lied to you. Ask RM whether approval was received or not .

Back