• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Infinia or HDFC DCB | Advice regarding Primary Card

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am new to this informative forum. I request advice.

I have a HDFC account with a paid DCB with a CL of 8L and spends of about 7L in the last 7 months. I asked HDFC (Priority.Redressal) for some options and they offer (1) a LTF DCB (under an ongoing 'alumnus offer') or (2) a FYF Metal Infinia.

I am confused by this choice because my annual spends are usually 5-7 L so I will not reach the waiver mark of 10L for Infinia. On the other hand, the DCB has been devalued a lot with strict limits on Smartbuy. Also, the DCB has limitations with offline acceptance and I find that tap-to-pay often does not work. So for DCB I will need one more Visa card (suggestions welcome).

Another option: apply for a SC Ultimate Card (will have to apply to find out if I am eligible).

Would be grateful for advice from members of this forum. Thank you.

(I travel only a few times in the year; spends are usually on shopping - online and offline, restaurants, utilities, Zomato/Swiggy and Amazon)

They had these Alumni offer going on for a very long time- more than 7 years- but at that time they used to set up stalls during our alumni meet, and you needed to apply there (Give them the details, and they will follow up). Also, at that time, only a limited number of institutions were part of the list. Now, they have increased the institutions on the list, and also you could apply outside of these alumni meets. I do not think it will be stopped all of a sudden, but maybe DCB will be devalued over a period of time. But if you are eligible, why do u hold yourself from applying?
Theres barely any juice left if dcb, all they can do now is hit the base reward rate. Removal of Amazon from smartbuy, cap on vouchers, reduction in accelerated points the list goes on and on ...

Take DCB LTF. No reason to not take it anyway.

You could consider these:

1. StanC ultimate
  2. SBI cashback
  3. BOB Eterna (LTF)
  4. Axis Magnus
  5. Amex cards
According to your spend categories, redemptions methods.
I am new to this informative forum. I request advice.

I have a HDFC account with a paid DCB with a CL of 8L and spends of about 7L in the last 7 months. I asked HDFC (Priority.Redressal) for some options and they offer (1) a LTF DCB (under an ongoing 'alumnus offer') or (2) a FYF Metal Infinia.

I am confused by this choice because my annual spends are usually 5-7 L so I will not reach the waiver mark of 10L for Infinia. On the other hand, the DCB has been devalued a lot with strict limits on Smartbuy. Also, the DCB has limitations with offline acceptance and I find that tap-to-pay often does not work. So for DCB I will need one more Visa card (suggestions welcome).

Another option: apply for a SC Ultimate Card (will have to apply to find out if I am eligible).

Would be grateful for advice from members of this forum. Thank you.

(I travel only a few times in the year; spends are usually on shopping - online and offline, restaurants, utilities, Zomato/Swiggy and Amazon)

Back