• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia Debit Card cost for Savings Max Account

tuhin

TF Premier
Hi Members,

Could you please confirm me whether HDFC Millennia Debit Card is free (Zero issuance/Annual charge) for the SavingS Max Account variant?

Thanks

Solution
Hi Members,

Could you please confirm me whether HDFC Millennia Debit Card is free (Zero issuance/Annual charge) for the SavingS Max Account variant?

Thanks
Millennia is free with Savings Max if charges are levied then you can complain to bank and ask for reversal.
All debit cards are free (No issuance/annual fee) for Savings Max account holders. Also, please try to search on Google or the forum before posting.

Refer:
View attachment 3323
Source:
Yes, I searched it & found that HDFC Bank didn't mention Millennia DC as free of cost with Savings Max account. Hence, any account holder who is using the same DC can confirm the same ?

We already have a thread on this which you can refer. All debit cards are free with savings max except intermiles signature debit card which is not free to anyone including classic, preferred and imperia customers. It comes only as first year free to classic, preferred and imperia customers. Millennia debit is not very old debit card. They have missed to update in savings max account fees and charges section.

We already have a thread on this which you can refer. All debit cards are free with savings max except intermiles signature debit card which is not free to anyone including classic, preferred and imperia customers. It comes only as first year free to classic, preferred and imperia customers. Millennia debit is not very old debit card. They have missed to update in savings max account fees and charges section.
if possible can you please share the thread link? Seems, I couldn't find it

I enquired in bank, they're saying only platinum card is free now & millenia card they'll charge as per applicable rates. What to do?
@bhavyegoel hv they changed rules ? Looks like I've to register complaint if they charge for millenia DC in max account.
Branch giving platinum by default For savings max & they don't have millenia welcome kit.
1)Shall I take the default platinum dc & later apply for replacement with millenia or 2)don't take platinum while opening but apply millenia as first card.
In 1) option does hdfc charge any replacement fee?
Sorry for the bump in old thread

Last edited:
Yes go ahead with Platinum and switch it later. I was using Millennia on Savings Max account and no charges were applied the bank and even if they levy it get them reversed later its easy.
I enquired in bank, they're saying only platinum card is free now & millenia card they'll charge as per applicable rates. What to do?
@bhavyegoel hv they changed rules ? Looks like I've to register complaint if they charge for millenia DC in max account.
Branch giving platinum by default For savings max & they don't have millenia welcome kit.
1)Shall I take the default platinum dc & later apply for replacement with millenia or 2)don't take platinum while opening but apply millenia as first card.
In 1) option does hdfc charge any replacement fee?
Sorry for the bump in old thread

I was using Millennia on Savings Max account and no charges were applied the bank and even if they levy it get them reversed later its easy.
How long have you been using it?

I have Savings max a/c since Nov 2021. I placed req for easyshop platinum to millennia dc upgrade via mobile banking. It shows the issuance fee as null.

But on the very next day, I got a call from the branch manager that millennia debit card is chargeable: hence come to the branch to close it after receiving the card and also re-issuance of a new easyhop platinum. (as old dc gets deactivated after 3 days of card receive date)

I dialed phone banking, they also said the card is chargeable from next year onwards as renewal fee.

How long have you been using it?

I have Savings max a/c since Nov 2021. I placed req for easyshop platinum to millennia dc upgrade via mobile banking. It shows the issuance fee as null.

But on the very next day, I got a call from the branch manager that millennia debit card is chargeable: hence come to the branch to close it after receiving the card and also re-issuance of a new easyhop platinum. (as old dc gets deactivated after 3 days of card receive date)

I dialed phone banking, they also said the card is chargeable from next year onwards as renewal fee.
Using it for the last 2 years now. No charges were levied. Bank managers don't know the rules themselves.

While opening my account, I reasoned with my RM that he should be able to issue me a free Millennia (since it was cheaper) instead of my entitlement Platinum (costlier). He complied. I also got the reassurance that it would be free.

I recently opened savings max account
I specifically requested them for millennia dc since I came to know that platinum has stopped giving 1% cashback which is partially true.
Can I request for platinum dc now ?
Platinum mastercard varient aslo gives 1% cashback right?

Back