• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC offering Infinia against investment - is it worth it?

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Manager told me to buy policy via my existing Regalia Gold Credit Card claiming the spend will ve transferred to Infinia Credit Card after approval and it will counted towards Annual milestone (for fee waiver). How true is that? Any suggestions?
Get infinia before investing. Fill form, don't sign. Tell them to get infinia and then you sign.

For 1L / yr, can u get 5-7k value per yr from infinia? Then yes if u want, go for it. U can get 5-6% roi on ulip. Add another 5-6k on infinia and that's 12k / yr on 1L investment.

Take sign on surrender value. Or ask RM to show clause in policy.

Get infinia before investing. Fill form, don't sign. Tell them to get infinia and then you sign.

For 1L / yr, can u get 5-7k value per yr from infinia? Then yes if u want, go for it. U can get 5-6% roi on ulip. Add another 5-6k on infinia and that's 12k / yr on 1L investment.

Take sign on surrender value. Or ask RM to show clause in policy.
Is is possible to hold signature till I get infinia? Has somebody done that? Suggestions please

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
To be very honest, Infinia is not at all worth all this. Let me call it what it is, it's a TRAP. Do not fall for this TRAP. If you want standard 3.3% reward rate with unlimited lounge access, you can simply take DCB. Axis Atlas itself will give you better base rate if purpose is to use rewards for travel. Taking any sort of insurance for an Infinia credit card is a very bad deal.

Maybe you can throw them a carrot saying that you can only do car insurance via them whenever the car insurance is due. Maybe shift the broker in your medical insurance / term insurance to the bank if that is okay with you. But do not take an insurance which you do not need, it's a very bad deal!

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was offered infinia for my nri brother by opening nro account and booking a 10lac fd lein marked at current fd rate of 1 year on auto renewal.
Regalia for 5lac fd 😂

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is is possible to hold signature till I get infinia? Has somebody done that? Suggestions please
To be very honest, Infinia is not at all worth all this. Let me call it what it is, it's a TRAP. Do not fall for this TRAP. If you want standard 3.3% reward rate with unlimited lounge access, you can simply take DCB. Axis Atlas itself will give you better base rate if purpose is to use rewards for travel. Taking any sort of insurance for an Infinia credit card is a very bad deal.

Maybe you can throw them a carrot saying that you can only do car insurance via them whenever the car insurance is due. Maybe shift the broker in your medical insurance / term insurance to the bank if that is okay with you. But do not take an insurance which you do not need, it's a very bad deal!
I really don’t know about this holding signature thing..
As our mate said, it’s not really worth this much to get Infinia..
You just take a simple decision, you want it take it by putting trust in the banker .
Otherwise leave it..
It’s not worth spending this much time…

sidp

TF Ace
But they are not ready to sell me ULIP plan, they want me to invest in non-unit linked participating plan. Sampoorna Jeevan. Opinion?
Please do a proper calculation. These plans are specifically designed deceive you.
when i applied cc for my mother the branch guy had brought a girl for investment, some Nischit ayush plan: Give 1L and get 41k every year. I said send me the doc , I'll check and let you know. When I did calculation it was 5% interest for 30years lock in.

The girl later called and was trying to convince me I am wrong. That Real rate is around 15%. I said I teach people how to do this kind of calculation mentally. I complained to the branch guy. Never go with her. People will beat you once they realize how bad that plan is. After that I never saw her in branch.

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I have read all the post. We all never asked if infinia is compatible with your spend or not. Which card you already have. And I didn't took the insurance for my Dad's Moneyback have mentioned 30k p.m so wait if you can. Cause that 1 lakhs Will be around 30k p.m soon. Plus even after this devaluation can take place. Do understand don't go for something which is not required at the current moment. You can now upgrade to infinia later cause this offer isn't going anywhere. This isn't just a financial ending deal this will stick around even after fy.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Never take a credit card basis insurance investment. You will always be in loss. Doesn't matter which plan but always be a loss making proposition for you. Couple of people in this forum have done that out of desperation. Don't go for it

I read in this forum that we can get Infinia by investment route. I enquired about it with bank. They are offering Infinia if I invest 1.5 Lakh/year (earlier they were demanding 2 Lakh/year, but when I declined they came down to 1.5, and now they are eager to sell the policy, calling multiple times a day saying they got approval for Infinia). They are saying I can surrender the policy after 3 years and get the money back. I have few questions: How much money I will get back if I surrender the policy after 3 years (they are claiming I will get back 6-6.5 lakhs) ?
Is it worth it to invest 1.5 Lakh to get Infinia? I have Regalia Gold.
Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Note: Infinia offered is not LTF. They are claiming RBI made some rules, so they cannot offer LTF for super premium cards.
Policy offered is Sampoorna Jeevan

Yes this is 💯 Correct..
Never ever take CC against any type of Insurance investment.. you will always lose majority of the money…Never do anything in desperation..

I am one of those desperate people on this forum who took Infinia against ULIP…

Just earn your Infinia or Infinia Reserve (may be in future) in the traditional way.. (I.e. via, card upgrades, LE, spending criteria , spending years etc ) …this is much more profitable.. at least you won’t lose your investment money…

Be cautious and be safe and there by be HAPPY…

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yesterday HDFC Bank told me that keeping 5 lacs balance in for months. Then he will provide Infinia Card. I have Regalia Card and Saving Max Account in HDFC Bank.

It is true that keeping a balance of 5 lakhs for 4 months can potentially make you eligible for the Infinia Card, even though it's currently not being offered.
Infinia is upgrade only card

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Never take a credit card basis insurance investment. You will always be in loss. Doesn't matter which plan but always be a loss making proposition for you. Couple of people in this forum have done that out of desperation. Don't go for it
Exactly. Plus just look at dcb plastic. Under alumni offer they started adding new colleges every day. Gave so many ltf card and then devaluation.
Who can say after infinnia reserve launch same won't happen to infinnia.

Ask for ulip. 1 L pa ulip plan for infinnia would be a pretty good deal.

Probably not a good idea, considering you always lose insurance investment money to start with …and also will have to experience devaluation after infinia reserve.,… who knows how much they devalue…

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace
Probably not a good idea, considering you always lose insurance investment money to start with …and also will have to experience devaluation after infinia reserve.,… who knows how much they devalue…
To each his own. 1st he talked about some endowment plan which are very bad. Most of them give lower return than govt bonds & have high lock in period. 1.5lpa for 3yrs and surrender value is 6-6.5L? Seems like mis-selling.

As he was offered at 1lpa investment. I suggested ulip can be good. With that amount, additional rewards from infinnia can negate the opportunity loss of not investment in better instruments. If his expenses increase in future, then he can get more value out of it.

But considering his natural annual spend of 4-5lpa, taking 2.5LPA ulip policy( which rm generally asks) for paid infinnia wont make sense.

on the other hand ULIP can be good for those who are planning for insurance anyway. Someone who can spend atleast 8-10L can benefit from higher rewards rate.

Hope you @S S V Wont take it personally.