• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Regalia First to Gold declined, LE only 25%

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey all,

I have been holding HDFC Regalia First for over 8 years now and have been using it for spends in the range of 5-8L per year but the CL has always been 1L, other cards from various banks all have 2-5L CL. Since joining this forum, I realized how much I have been missing out on!

I sent an email to HDFC grievance team 3 weeks back and they have finally got back stating they cant upgrade my card but can only increase CL by 25% ie. CL to 1,25,000. Quite infuriating experience, they take ages to respond like some govt. service and then provide such pathetic offer.

I wanted to get Regalia Gold as an upgrade and with CL increase to atleast 1.5L, as I also wanted Neu Infinity later, it shows only Neu Plus for me now. Also, have an upgrade option to Millennia from Regalia First but I don't see much use with it since I have other cards that give similar benefits.

Now, I'm contemplating of closing this card for good. I have written back to them to increase by 50% else I'll close the card now.
Going by the forum posts clearly HDFC is quite stringent with CL or upgrades, can you guys suggest if there are any alternative routes I can take? Really not keen on accepting that 25% increase.

Last edited: