• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Regalia First to Gold declined, LE only 25%

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey all,

I have been holding HDFC Regalia First for over 8 years now and have been using it for spends in the range of 5-8L per year but the CL has always been 1L, other cards from various banks all have 2-5L CL. Since joining this forum, I realized how much I have been missing out on!

I sent an email to HDFC grievance team 3 weeks back and they have finally got back stating they cant upgrade my card but can only increase CL by 25% ie. CL to 1,25,000. Quite infuriating experience, they take ages to respond like some govt. service and then provide such pathetic offer.

I wanted to get Regalia Gold as an upgrade and with CL increase to atleast 1.5L, as I also wanted Neu Infinity later, it shows only Neu Plus for me now. Also, have an upgrade option to Millennia from Regalia First but I don't see much use with it since I have other cards that give similar benefits.

Now, I'm contemplating of closing this card for good. I have written back to them to increase by 50% else I'll close the card now.
Going by the forum posts clearly HDFC is quite stringent with CL or upgrades, can you guys suggest if there are any alternative routes I can take? Really not keen on accepting that 25% increase.

Last edited:

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is your ITR and CL on other cards? You can try closing and applying directly for Regalia Gold if you meet reqs. or try talking to your BM for upgrade
I dont meet the 12L ITR requirement. Other bank credit cards CL range from 2L to 5L.
Do you know if it would get easier to upgrade if I go with the pre-approved Millennia offer? Regalia First to Millennia is a downgrade, isn't it?

bewwyy

TF Buzz
I dont meet the 12L ITR requirement. Other bank credit cards CL range from 2L to 5L.
Do you know if it would get easier to upgrade if I go with the pre-approved Millennia offer? Regalia First to Millennia is a downgrade, isn't it?
If you have HDFC account with decent savings/FD you can try asking BM with that. Else try applying for Regalia directly with C2C. I’d suggest to close Regalia First if they aren’t giving the credit card upgrade as it does not have enough value to fight for.

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you have HDFC account with decent savings/FD you can try asking BM with that. Else try applying for Regalia directly with C2C. I’d suggest to close Regalia First if they aren’t giving the credit card upgrade as it does not have enough value to fight for.
I will wait for their response for the last time, else will close and apply as suggested, thank you.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
50% else I'll close the card now.
Going by the forum posts clearly HDFC is quite stringent with CL or upgrades, can you guys suggest if there are any alternative routes I can take? Really not keen on accepting that 25% increase.
current limit? and this is a game of cards! HDFC is stupid enough. don't chase them they will chase you. first thing where do you spend at? and which card provides maximum value. some premium card isn't an option for you currently cause the existing limit is between 2-5 lakhs. tyou would need to search for which card would be best for you in term of spending.

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
current limit? and this is a game of cards! HDFC is stupid enough. don't chase them they will chase you. first thing where do you spend at? and which card provides maximum value. some premium card isn't an option for you currently cause the existing limit is between 2-5 lakhs. tyou would need to search for which card would be best for you in term of spending.
HDFC Regalia First has 1L CL currently.

I'm looking for cards that has 2% or lower Forex markup or rewards in the form of vouchers/cashback to compensate the markup fees. Intl. spends will be around 5L+ annually.

I have Amex Plat. Travel and SBI Elite is on the way, have other cards too but I've optimized spends for domestic expenses only.

HDFC Infinia/DCB/Axis Reserve/Magnus out of reach for now.

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

I'm looking for cards that has 2% or lower Forex markup or rewards in the form of vouchers/cashback to compensate the markup fees. Intl. spends will be around 5L+ annually.

I have Amex Plat. Travel and SBI Elite on the way, have other cards but I've optimized spends for domestic expenses only.

you did the right thing by taking amex plantium your total hdfc limit is ?? it over 8 yr old hdfc cc and why the limit is just 1 lakhs?

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
you did the right thing by taking amex plantium your total hdfc limit is ?? it over 8 yr old hdfc cc and why the limit is just 1 lakhs?
Yeah, total limit is 1L from 8 years (maybe once there was LE ages ago)! I had Times Platinum or something initially, it got upgraded to Regalia first and that's it!
I seriously do not know what's up with HDFC bank, you guys are the pros here, you should tell :LOL:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Yeah, total limit is 1L from 8 years (maybe once there was LE ages ago)! I had Times Platinum or something initially, it got upgraded to Regalia first and that's it!
I seriously do not know what's up with HDFC bank, you guys are the pros here, you should tell :LOL:
damn my hdfc cc is just 1 year old to your, issued in 2014 dec so completed 9 yr, and received LE every year though of 2 lakhs or so. i opened hdfc account and then cc with alimit of 40 k and now at 12.84 lakhs. (Infinia Plastic) and this year received of 50k LE. spend 3 lakhs each year or less. so in my cc my hdfc imperial account helped i think. i'm not sure why your is stuck at 1 lakhs for some reason! cibil is clean? secure vs unsecured. any default. have you downloaded cibil report and gave a good look? in 1-6 yr how much you have spent or in last 1 year on hdfc cc of yours?

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
damn my hdfc cc is just 1 year old to your, issued in 2014 dec so completed 9 yr, and received LE every year though of 2 lakhs or so. i opened hdfc account and then cc with alimit of 40 k and now at 12.84 lakhs. (Infinia Plastic) and this year received of 50k LE. spend 3 lakhs each year or less. so in my cc my hdfc imperial account helped i think. i'm not sure why your is stuck at 1 lakhs for some reason! cibil is clean? secure vs unsecured. any default. have you downloaded cibil report and gave a good look? in 1-6 yr how much you have spent or in last 1 year on hdfc cc of yours?
Damn ..... you either have some hack unlocked or my account is flagged for no LE/upgrade permanently.
My CIBIL is as clean as it can be, 100% on time payment from 9 years or so, score around 790.
My spends on this HDFC card last year is 8.64L (Sep 22 to Aug 23) as confirmed with the customer care, which is about right.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier

I have Amex Plat. Travel and SBI Elite is on the way, have other cards too but I've optimized spends for domestic expenses only.

Why SBI elite? is it being offered LTF?, why pay 5800/- for a card that gives rewards <=0.25p? It is worst than Regalia First, go for some other card instead. SBI Elite is only somewhat sensible if you can spend more than 10L+, instead you can go for SBI Vistara or Axis Privilege/Axis Select/Ace/Atlas.

Don't wanna comment on HDFC, they are just pain stupid.

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Why SBI elite? is it being offered LTF?, why pay 5800/- for a card that gives rewards <=0.25p? It is worst than Regalia First, go for some other card instead. SBI Elite is only somewhat sensible if you can spend more than 10L+, instead you can go for SBI Vistara or Axis Privilege/Axis Select/Ace/Atlas.

Don't wanna comment on HDFC, they are just pain stupid.
SBI Elite is provided as an upgrade from another old SBI card that is discontinued, I'm not planning to keep it for longer than a year. I'm hoping to get better cards by then and then I'll close it.

I can get Axis Atlas but I'm not into miles, so not very keen on it. Ace needs to wait for another 2 months, as I got Airtel a month ago and the banner disappeared after trying it.

I will also try to get IDFC First Wealth.

Let me know there are any other cards that are not super premium but can get good returns on Intl spends please?

bewwyy

TF Buzz

aren’t there some cards from RBL or IDFC with 0% forex markup? You can try applying for those for intl. transactions. I’m not very familiar with those cards though so I might not be completely right.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
Let me know there are any other cards that are not super premium but can get good returns on Intl spends please?
If Intl spends is criteria then SBI Vistara could have been good, anyways if your area is serviceable then go for AMex MRCC and Amex Plat travel, Scapia Federal Bank just for 0 forex markup, slightly odd choice BOB eterna and RBL world Safari if you can achieve the milestone + there is a hack for RBL World safari LTF if you previously held RBL Zomato.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey all,

I have been holding HDFC Regalia First for over 8 years now and have been using it for spends in the range of 5-8L per year but the CL has always been 1L, other cards from various banks all have 2-5L CL. Since joining this forum, I realized how much I have been missing out on!

I sent an email to HDFC grievance team 3 weeks back and they have finally got back stating they cant upgrade my card but can only increase CL by 25% ie. CL to 1,25,000. Quite infuriating experience, they take ages to respond like some govt. service and then provide such pathetic offer.

I wanted to get Regalia Gold as an upgrade and with CL increase to atleast 1.5L, as I also wanted Neu Infinity later, it shows only Neu Plus for me now. Also, have an upgrade option to Millennia from Regalia First but I don't see much use with it since I have other cards that give similar benefits.

Now, I'm contemplating of closing this card for good. I have written back to them to increase by 50% else I'll close the card now.
It is quite infuriating to be in your situation. Sometimes I feel they should fix the system. If they are stringent then atleast they should be transparent with rejection reason. What they are doing will only leave the customer with bad taste. There are people you have benefitted from the glitches in the system so they will be happy from it.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Have both, getting Gold charge shortly.

Scapia is weird, not allowing to apply, although I dont have any Federal Bank relation, even OneCard is from CSB.

Considering IndusInd Legend and World Safari now.

I'll research for more options, thanks all for the suggestions, appreciate it 🙏
You can try for Zenith+ also if you are looking at forex spends 1.18% charge on forex spend but 2% return. Card charges 5000+gst but you get 5000rs worth points redeemable for APAY vouchers. The other benefits are also good . Note: There is redemption fees of 99+GST

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It is quite infuriating to be in your situation. Sometimes I feel they should fix the system. If they are stringent then atleast they should be transparent with rejection reason. What they are doing will only leave the customer with bad taste. There are people you have benefitted from the glitches in the system so they will be happy from it.
Well they didn't budge with the CL and gave only 25%. I accepted it for now but I definitely will be moving all my spends to other cards. HDFC has to be the worst bank IMO, they are definitely not getting anymore business from me. I will gradually stop using anything and everything related to HDFC.

You can try for Zenith+ also if you are looking at forex spends 1.18% charge on forex spend but 2% return. Card charges 5000+gst but you get 5000rs worth points redeemable for APAY vouchers. The other benefits are also good . Note: There is redemption fees of 99+GST

I had some issue with AU bank website, it showed not eligible or something, will it give a try after a few months. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: ARV

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Well they didn't budge with the CL and gave only 25%. I accepted it for now but I definitely will be moving all my spends to other cards. HDFC has to be the worst bank IMO, they are definitely not getting anymore business from me. I will gradually stop using anything and everything related to HDFC.
SBI is the worst, you have not seen them yet 😜