• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Regalia Rupay variant any good? and Axis Ace credit card 2 lakh spend questions

ragz

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Folks,

After coming across technofino have jumped into the game of credit card spends and trying to up my game in utilizing my credit cards effectively with of course all of your help.

So I have an HDFC Regalia VISA variant LTF and recently applied for Axis Ace (about to be delivered) and have question about them:
  1. Is it worth it to convert Regalia VISA LTF to Regalia RUPAY LTF?
    1. Is the reward structure going to remain same?
    2. Can we earn more than 500 reward points on UPI transactions?
    3. Is it a negative point to loose priority pass and rely on RUPAY Diners network for international lounge access?
  2. Coming to Axis ace question on 2 lakh spend for fee reversal
    1. As mine is a new axis card yet to be delivered, do I still get first year fee reversal on spending 10k in 45 days? If so, any good ideas where I can spend 10K (my utility bills aren't that much and I just got the card for 2% unlimited cashback)
    2. What all spends are counted towards 2 Lakhs milestone for fee reversal? I see that for cashback there are lot of exclusions like fuel, wallet reload, insurance, rent, education payment etc.. are these exclusions also not counted towards 2 lakh milestone for fee reversal? (Any source where this information is mentioned if you can share would be great)
    3. Are there safer(without getting card blocked or cashback reversed) ways to reach 2 lakh milestone every year to get fee reversal?
Thanks you awesome folks for your help in advanced

Think no one worry about ACE 2 lakh spend ..even if you spend 25000 on eligible category and GPAY bill you can easily recover fee.. a card should be valued based on returns it gives...What ever loophole if get caught Axis recovers everything

I do understand that fee is not that much for Ace and specially 2 percent offline is really good but just wanted to know if there are innovative ways that folks here are using to avoid paying fee that would be good to know for me also.
Also as I have SBI Cashback card, i'll be using it for most of my online spends to earn flat 5% and hence my offline spends might or might not reach 2 Lakhs in a year. On top of that SBI CB has high fee of 1000+tax.. so priority would be to reach 2 lakhs (or get LTF on renewal if they provide) on SBI CB first..

Its just ₹500 per year. You're going to get much higher returns from this card anyways. Why to worry about that lil fee and finding ways to spend more unnecessarily?! Am happily paying for Airtel & Flipkart card.
Ek no nonsense paid card ki fees pay karne me faat jati hai.

Fees bhi paid nhi karni Card ke benifits ko achhe se Nichod bhi lena chahte hai

Close karwao do agar fee pay nhi karni toh

Last edited:
Wahi baat bhai ek guu card LTF pada pda dhul chaat raha hoga

Par ek no nonsense paid card ki fees paid karne me faat jati hai.

Fees bhi paid nhi karni Card bhi Active Chayie.
Close karwao do agar fee nhi deni ,
nhi toh FOMO m aake apply mat karo.
Wahi.. mujhe ulta bura lg jaega agr m iski fee pay na karu. Haan high fee wale card me reversal bnta h. But jo card hmare use aarha uski fee pay krne me kya dikkat.

Mera to flipkart card sirf 1.5% Cashback feature hi use hota but wo b kaafi h recover krne k liye.

Wahi.. mujhe ulta bura lg jaega agr m iski fee pay na karu. Haan high fee wale card me reversal bnta h. But jo card hmare use aarha uski fee pay krne me kya dikkat.

Mera to flipkart card sirf 1.5% Cashback feature hi use hota but wo b kaafi h recover krne k liye.
Each and Every card sabke liye best nhi hai.

Understand your Spends First and then Choose Chargeable Credit Cards Carefully from which you can reap benifits against your spends and would not mind, if you have to pay an annual fee to renew it

Magnus ya reserve pe Renewal benift nhi bhi milega toh Bhi lene waale Card ko lege because such people can reap benifts of Magnus and Reserve against their spends and Lifestyle.

Last edited:
I do understand that fee is not that much for Ace and specially 2 percent offline is really good but just wanted to know if there are innovative ways that folks here are using to avoid paying fee that would be good to know for me also.
Also as I have SBI Cashback card, i'll be using it for most of my online spends to earn flat 5% and hence my offline spends might or might not reach 2 Lakhs in a year. On top of that SBI CB has high fee of 1000+tax.. so priority would be to reach 2 lakhs (or get LTF on renewal if they provide) on SBI CB first..
SBI cards are devalued from May. Check latest news. Its not 5% anymore!

Folks anybody knows answer to following Axis Ace related card:
  1. As mine is a new axis card, do I still get first year fee reversal on spending 10k in 45 days?
  2. What all spends are counted towards 2 Lakhs milestone for fee reversal? I see that for cashback there are lot of exclusions like fuel, wallet reload, insurance, rent, education payment etc.. are these exclusions also not counted towards 2 lakh milestone for fee reversal? (Any source where this information is mentioned if you can share would be great)
People who want to give gyaan pls refrain from answering and no thanks for your help also. I am looking for help from polite people who have genuine information (basically no nonsense people)

Folks anybody knows answer to following Axis Ace related card:
  1. As mine is a new axis card, do I still get first year fee reversal on spending 10k in 45 days?
People who want to give gyaan pls refrain from answering and no thanks for your help also. I am looking for help from polite people who have genuine information (basically no nonsense people)
Sir I think all the answers in this thread are right answer not sure why you are using word word no nonsense..@chaitynya @

Sir I think all the answers in this thread are right answer not sure why you are using word word no nonsense..@chaitynya @
Sir, did any of the replies talk about 10K spend offer in 45 days? Or talks about what are exclusions in the milestone?

At least I don't see any answers.. only gyaan was given so I asked the same questions again.

And just to clarify the no nonsense part, it's only for one person's reply who used the same words. For everyone else I appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Sir, did any of the replies talk about 10K spend offer in 45 days? Or talks about what are exclusions in the milestone?

At least I don't see any answers.. only gyaan was given so I asked the same questions again.

And just to clarify the no nonsense part, it's only for one person's reply who used the same words. For everyone else I appreciate your help.
Ok on point 1) ,yes it will be reversed for sure 2) SBI doesn't give cashback on mentioned category but they are are considered for fee waiver

2) SBI doesn't give cashback on mentioned category but they are are considered for fee waiver
Also is this the same case for Axis ace also? That for 2 lakhs milestone, although rent payment, fuel won't fetch any cashback but those spends will be considered against 2 lakh milestone?

Folks,

Could someone please throw some light on following questions too:

Is it worth it to convert Regalia VISA LTF to Regalia RUPAY LTF?
  1. Is the reward structure going to remain same?
  2. Can we earn more than 500 reward points on UPI transactions?
  3. Is it a negative point to loose priority pass and rely on RUPAY Diners network for international lounge access?

Its just ₹500 per year. You're going to get much higher returns from this card anyways. Why to worry about that lil fee and finding ways to spend more unnecessarily?! Am happily paying for Airtel & Flipkart card.
I got Flipkart axis card 10 days ago. Can I apply for Airtel axis card in June last week? (currently I have offer in Airtel Thanks app for no joining fee on Airtel Axis card). Will I get second card approval this sooner? For the 1st card, no questions asked and got ₹1.56L limit (this is my 3rd credit card overall)

Back