• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Upgrades

aintshocked

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Here is my rant with HDFC and HDFC Cards.

Got my first credit card on 14/12/2019 through HDFC based on SB account transactions, it was a MoneyBack card with the limit of ₹50,000, was using it regularly and paying the bill in full.

Decided to apply for IndiGo 6E rewards cards, which was upgraded from the MoneyBack Card with the same limit. Was using the card until July 2022, missing out on lot of offers due to the low limit offered by HDFC Bank.

Then I had to approach the BM asking for a card and limit upgrade who connected me with AVP of Credit Section, applied offline with income documents and previous 3 month statement of ICICI bank with a limit of ₹ 2.9L, after numerous follow ups and heated arguments about closing my relationship with HDFC, at the time holing SB,CA, and Credit Card while HDFC was my primary banking. Applied for Regalia and got Millennia with a limit of ₹ 1L on 25/08/2022 without a CIBIL hit, again using the card and paying it off completely.

Currently my account status in Preferred status, while holding 1 Speciale Gold SB, 1 Regular SB, 1 Ascent CA, and Millennia Credit Card. The account balance is maintained around ₹ 3L across the SB accounts, but I'm not getting any limit enhancement or any card upgrades, the BM nor the branch is not supportive as such.
Getting offers for Car Loan, Two Wheeler Loan and Loan Against Property which is not required.

Is there any alternate approach to get a limit increase and card upgrade without income documents?
Or should I close my relationship and move my banking to Axis where I have Burgundy Account?

Back