• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Help me plan a Delhi to Bangkok trip with Accor and Vistara

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello everybody,

I am planning a Delhi to Bangkok trip for 5 nights toward the end of Feb 2024. We'll be travelling as a couple, and would like to stay at a nice property close to shopping and eating out. I have 90,000 Accor All and 20,000 CV points at the moment, which can be supplemented in the intervening period. I have identified SO\ and Sofitel Sukhumvit as best properties. I would love your inputs on the following:

1. Other hotel suggestions. Also, is it worth taking an Accor Plus? Traveller or Explorer @ 4000 ALL or 12000 ALL - explicity for use on this trip. I am doubtful of hitting 20 + 10 nights for Gold.

2. I like the flight timings on Vistara for DEL-BKK. The CV point requirements at 16X4 = 64K, I have 20K points, and can add another 44K in the intervening period through AMEX, Axis or ITC transfers. Is this a good plan? Is there an optimal way for getting balance CV points? Would be better to create a JAL account and transfer miles there for booking Vistara for this trip?

Please do comment. Thanks!

sahilgulati5

TF Premier
HI Plans look good.. Accor will give you the best value for your stay. To use JAL points u need to have an account which is at least 60 days old. The points requirement will change by that time. Try comparing how much points you require in Vistara, JAL, Turkish Airlines before you transfer

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HI Plans look good.. Accor will give you the best value for your stay. To use JAL points u need to have an account which is at least 60 days old. The points requirement will change by that time. Try comparing how much points you require in Vistara, JAL, Turkish Airlines before you transfer
Thanks. Just created JAL account. Have plenty of time before travel, so I guess I'll check in October before transferring.

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You should book flight delhi-> phuket and then bangkok to delhi to avoid extra travel but that cant possible with vistara only

sahilgulati5

TF Premier
N

No plans for Phuket.

Current plan is:

Delhi to BKK on Vistara (JAL)
BKK stay (Sofitel)
BKK to Siem Reap (BKK Airways - JAL)
Siem Reap Stay (Raffles)
Siem Reap to BKK (same)
BKK Stay (SO)
BKK to Stay (same)
If you dont mind saying, what is the total points required for this plan?

aashish2137

TF Select
I just returned from Phuket and stayed at 2 Novotels there. Most South East Asian hotels are running 50% off on dining for Accor plus members. Make the most of it while you are there. Also see if the hotel has a souvenir shop that can charge to your room and you then pay with points at checkout.

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I just returned from Phuket and stayed at 2 Novotels there. Most South East Asian hotels are running 50% off on dining for Accor plus members. Make the most of it while you are there. Also see if the hotel has a souvenir shop that can charge to your room and you then pay with points at checkout.
Thanks for the tip!

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can anyone tell do we need any kind of visa if we have layover at Singapore airport for my flight from phuket to delhi via Singapore

warden

TF Buzz
I'm new to the miles game. Can someone lead me to a post guiding how JAL-Vistara process and how it is more beneficial than directly booking using CV points. Thank you!