• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help me Plan a Family Trip to Greece + Austria

SoNIK

TF Buzz
Hello Everyone,

Firstly, Thank you TF Community for enlightening me on Credit Cards, Rewards & Redemption. I am a newbie in CC world currently holding Amex Plat Travel (Arrived Today), Amex MRCC (Holding since a year but haven't used it avidly) & HDFC Millennia(Using since 2018 - Utilised all points for South India Trip).

I am planning a trip (Sept. 2025) to Greece & Austria along with family (total 4 travellers - 14 day trip) and would like to use Reward Points to reduce CASH burden.

Need help in figuring out as to how many points I need to either eliminate Hotel Expense or Reduce Flight Costs.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Everyone,

Firstly, Thank you TF Community for enlightening me on Credit Cards, Rewards & Redemption. I am a newbie in CC world currently holding Amex Plat Travel (Arrived Today), Amex MRCC (Holding since a year but haven't used it avidly) & HDFC Millennia(Using since 2018 - Utilised all points for South India Trip).

I am planning a trip (Sept. 2025) to Greece & Austria along with family (total 4 travellers - 14 day trip) and would like to use Reward Points to reduce CASH burden.

Need help in figuring out as to how many points I need to either eliminate Hotel Expense or Reduce Flight Costs.

Thank you in advance.
So, what I see you don't have many points remaining to use for this trip. You want to know which cards to swipe where to get higher benefits?

Marriott for Hotels
Figure out by Dec 15, if you want to convert your existing Amex points to Marriott for 30% bonus. If you need a top-up, contact Amex customer care to buy 10k points for Rs 4k.

So, what I see you don't have many points remaining to use for this trip. You want to know which cards to swipe where to get higher benefits?
Thank You for Response.

I need information on two things -

1. How to use these three CC to maximise points earned?
2. Where and How should these points be used to reduce CASH burden for the planned trip?

Some more information - My current household expense incl. Rent, Grocery, Insurance etc. is approx. 1.5 Lacs per month.

Thank You for Response.

I need information on two things -

1. How to use these three CC to maximise points earned?
2. Where and How should these points be used to reduce CASH burden for the planned trip?

Some more information - My current household expense incl. Rent, Grocery, Insurance etc. is approx. 1.5 Lacs per month.
Amex cards strategy
1. Spend 1.5k x 4 on MRCC and 20k a month if you can
2. Amex Plat travel try to spend 4L a year for max benefit
3. Try to make some txn in Rewards multiplier with Amex PT which gives 3x rewards

Suppose he wants to book Marriott hotels, Rs 4k gives 10k points + 3k bonus, I think Marriott point is worth more than Rs 0.3
No no no, I was saying the other way. Using Points to get Cash. That is a bad deal... Using cash to get points, mostly can be a good deal.

Back