• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help me plan a trip to Chandigarh

telescope

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I have some vistara points lying around so to make use of it, I am planning to visit chandigarh for 2 days in the second half of September.

How will be the weather that time?

Never been to that part of the country. Please pour in your suggestions about what to visit and what and where to eat authentic local food.

It'll be a budget trip.

I came back just last sunday.
Two days are enough to cover the city - Few of attractions / points:
1. Sukhna lake (you can do boating here)
2. Rock Garden (be ready to walk, you would need approx 2 hrs to cover the place)
3. City is a foodie paradise and you can google per your taste.
4. If you have accor points then Mercure Hotel is decent place to stay. Very good buffet b/f spread.
5. If you have a day more you can cover a small hillstation 2 hrs away - Kasauli.

I have some vistara points lying around so to make use of it, I am planning to visit chandigarh for 2 days in the second half of September.

Never been to that part of the country. Please pour in your suggestions about what to visit and what and where to eat authentic local food.

It'll be a budget trip.
Weather will be very romantic with a gentle breeze in the evening.
Sukhna lake would be the best place to spend time in the evening.

You can plan out day like this :
Watch a movie in elante mall do shopping if you want .

Go for lunch according to your taste and preference after taking rest go to rock garden around 2-3 in the afternoon it will take around 2-3 hr to completely explore the place .

In the evening come to sukhna lake and do boating if you want or just sit and enjoy the sunset .

After moving from sukhna lake go for street foods .
If you want to do shopping budget friendly like clothes .... Go to shastri market it's like sarojini .
Quality of the clothes are good .
* For travelling auto , buses and cabs everything is available as per your needs.
Autos will try to manipulate so check once in uber or ola and if you are travelling solo go for rapido .

Last edited:

It'll be a budget trip.
You can check some nearby hillstation like Morni hills as well

I am planning to visit chandigarh for 2 days
Chandigarh is a city of vibe. Unless you share what kind of vacation you want, suggestion will be all over the place.

If you are young, do spare some time for PU (StuC), Geri route, Night food market, Sec 17 stroll
If you want to visit key attractions, do visit Rock Garden, Lake, Yadvendra Garden, Multiple Gardens/Parks,
If you are into history & culture, there are many art gallery & Museums
If you want to appreciate planning, hire a self drive & just drive across the city & its markets
If you want to enjoy night life, go to club, you'll have the best of crowds in most places
If you are religious, go to mansa devi, Nada Sahib, chandi mandir

It will still be hot. Not ideal during day time. Better visit in Nov to have best of weather

Chandigarh is a city of vibe. Unless you share what kind of vacation you want, suggestion will be all over the place.

If you are young, do spare some time for PU (StuC), Geri route, Night food market, Sec 17 stroll
If you want to visit key attractions, do visit Rock Garden, Lake, Yadvendra Garden, Multiple Gardens/Parks,
If you are into history & culture, there are many art gallery & Museums
If you want to appreciate planning, hire a self drive & just drive across the city & its markets
If you want to enjoy night life, go to club, you'll have the best of crowds in most places
If you are religious, go to mansa devi, Nada Sahib, chandi mandir

It will still be hot. Not ideal during day time. Better visit in Nov to have best of weather
You can't say hot , it would be ok ok weather

where to eat authentic local food.
Kaake da Hotel / Pal Dhaba - Sec 28 CHD
Indian Coffee House - Sec 17 CHD (not local food, but south indian)
Lazeez Rasoi - Sec 11 (PKL)
Paranthewala - Sec 16 CHD
Highway Dhaba(s) - Zirakpur
Street Food Market - Sec 8 & 34 & 15 CHD / Sec 7 & Sec 20 (PKL)
Night Food Market CHD - PGIMER

It'll be a budget trip.
If you can spare time, you can travel via buses. Else auto will be in budget. But I'll strongly recommend, self hire. (Its a small city & own vehicles gives alot of flexibility). Do follow traffic rules strictly especially red lights, stop lines, without helmet/seat belt

Chandigarh is one of the city with cheapest liquor. Do pick your fav one from here

Last edited:
where to eat authentic local food.
Street Food Market - Sec 8 & 34 & 15
CHD / Sec 7 & Sec 20 (PKL)

It'll be a budget trip.
If you time, you can travel via buses. Else auto will be in budget. But I'll strongly recommend, self hire. (Its a small city & own vehicles gives alot of flexibility).

Chandigarh is one of the city with cheapest liquor. Do pick your fav one from here

You can't say hot , it would be ok ok weather
Sep temp is generally upto 32-35. Which I feel is hot for day outings.
Evenings are Ok but days are still not comfortable to roam around as most attractions are outdoor

Street Food Market - Sec 8 & 34 & 15
CHD / Sec 7 & Sec 20 (PKL)

If you time, you can travel via buses. Else auto will be in budget. But I'll strongly recommend, self hire. (Its a small city & own vehicles gives alot of flexibility).

Sep temp is generally upto 32-35. Which I feel is hot for day outings.
Evenings are Ok but days are still not comfortable to roam around as most attractions are outdoor
32- 35 is bearable ... Think about June July where it crosses 45

Back